Chapter 8

During class this kid kept giving me dirty looks. I was about to say something to him, but the bell rang and I quickly got out of my seat and to the door. As I was walking out the door, the kid who kept staring at me bumped into me and kept walking into the hallway as if nothing happened. If it wasn't for Matt walking up to me, I would've walked up to the kid and ripped that gay ass bandana off his head and strangled him with it. But I just kept walking.

"Hey," Matt said

"Hey," I smiled weakly at him.

"You ok?" Matt asked me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I said looking at him and smiled, and continued walking.

"So what's your fourth period again?" Matt asked.

"Art I think," I said to him. I wasn't looking forward to my fourth period, or the rest of the day, because I have the rest of my classes with Sam. As Matt and I were walking, my phone kept vibrating in my back pocket, so I decided to check it. I pulled out my phone and saw that all of the notifications were from twitter. The hate tweets just kept coming and coming and coming. I decided to look at some of them.

"I used to have third period with @heatherr and now she's dead😂"

"Tbh I'm glad that @heatherr is dead"

"@heatherr did nothing good when she was alive anyways"

It's funny because people actually think that I'm dead. the only bad thing about me still having a twitter is is that people from Nebraska can find my twitter and find out things about me. I'll delete my account later. I just read some more of the tweets and laughed at them.

"What are you laughing at?" Matt asked.

"Oh, um, people from where I moved from think I'm dead because I'm not at school today," I explained.

"When did you move here?"

"like a week ago,"

"Why did you move? Oh and this is your class,"

"I'll explain to you later, ok," I smiled at him.

"Ok," he said. I gave him a quick hug and walked into the class. The second I walked through the door, sam ran in behind me and the bell rang. I looked up at him and weakly, fake, smiled.

"Why were you two late?" The teacher asked while looking at us.

"We weren't late," I said smiling at her.

"Are you guys in your seats?" She asked

"No, but we're in the class room," I said back.

"Well my rule is is that if you're not in your seat by the time the bell rings, then you're late," she said with a smile

"That's stupid," I mumbled

"What was that?" She asked

"Nothing," I said back with a fake smile.

"Why don't you two take a seat," the teacher said while pointing at a table for two people, like the one in math class. Sam started walking towards the table, and I followed after him.

5 minutes into class, Sam passed a note to me.

Sam Heather

Are we going to talk?

About what?

You know what about

If it's about me being "jealous" of you, you're absolutely ridiculous thinking that I'm jealous of you

No, not about that. About you lying telling people that your name is Tara, and acting like a bad girl, when I know that you're scared of me, and what people think of you

I'm not lying about my name, I am not scared of you, and I do not care what people think about me

If you didn't care about what people thought about you, then why do you have scars on your wrist?

I ended the note there. I crumpled up the note and stuffed it in my backpack, and put on my cardigan. If he noticed my scars, then I'm sure other people will notice. I heard Sam chuckle next to me. Did he think this was a joke? Is he kidding me? I got out another piece of paper and started writing.

Do you think that's a fucking joke? You're honestly so heartless. I am NOT sitting with you and your asshole friends, and i am done talking to you. You know nothing about me, and that's how it's going to stay. I hope you know that if you and your friends start making fun of me for this, it's going to get nowhere. People Talking shit about me and making fun of me doesn't bother me anymore.

And I violently pushed the note to him. Through the corner of my eye, I saw him read the note, and then his pencil wiggling around, writing on the paper. A few minutes later he pushed the note back at me.

I wasn't laughing at you for cutting, I was laughing because I knew that you were lying about something. If you think that I would ever make fun of you for something like that, then you obviously don't know me. I would never make fun of you because of something like that.

Oh, so you would make fun of somebody else about that? Is that what you're saying? Yeah, I obviously don't know anything about you, and you don't know anything about me. And that's how it's going to stay.

That's not what I was trying to say, but ok. And I do know you. Oh, and you are going to sit with me and my friends at lunch.

I wasn't going to say anything back to him. I just folded the note in half and put it in my backpack. I looked at the clock and noticed that there was 1 minute left of class, so I decided to actually listen to what the teacher was saying for a minute. The minute went by and the bell rang, and I shot out of my seat. I was walking to the door when I felt sam grab my wrist and pull me towards him.

"Slow down there, you'll get to meet my friends soon," he said to me

"Who says that I want to?" I asked

"Well, you don't have anybody to be rushing to, and you're sitting with my friends at lunch, so," he said to me, while still holding my wrist uncomfortably, and walking through people.

"Could you please let go of my wrist," I said trying to wriggle my wrist out of his grip.

"Oh sorry," he said letting go of my wrist.

Sam and I kept walking until we approached a big building with two doors that led inside of it. Sam pushed one of the doors open, and all eyes were on me, again.