chapter 6

the walk to class with matt was very quiet and awkward. he didnt try to start a conversation, and neither did i. the class room is very far from our lockers. as we were walking, the bell rang.

"shit..," i whispered. i didnt care if i was late, i just didnt want matt to get in trouble because of me. "do you care if youre late" i asked him.

"no," matt giggled. oh, well, i have nothing to worry about. we were walking for like 3 minutes now down an empty hallway, untill we reached the stairs

"we have to go up those?" i asked matt

"only everyday, well, if you go to class," matt said. we started walking up the stairs when we heard laughs and footsteps coming from the next flight of stairs. i felt matt put his hand on my hip from behind me.

"dont say anything to them, please. dont say anything at all." matt whispered, obviously not wanting whoever those people were to hear him. we just kept walking up the stairs, with matts hand still on my hip. who ever those, very loud, guys were turned the corner, and everything went silent, and both groups of people stopped walking. it was sam and his friends.

"shit," i heard matt mumble. i just nodded at the guys, and put my hand over matts, which was still on my hip, and intertwined our fingers from the top. i was the first person to continue to walk. i was not in the mood to deal with sam. as i was, trying, to get away from them as quickly as possible, matt stayed behind me, moving slowly.

"what the fuck is this?" i heard sam yell, obviously reffering to me and matt holding hands. i really didnt want to deal with him, so i just ignored him and kept walking. i just turned back and looked at matt, and lightly tugged at his hand, which was still intertwined with mine.

"come on, we dont want to be any more late then we already are." i said calmly to matt, which was still staring at the guys.

"no, youre going to tell me what is going on, right now!" sam yelled, going up a few steps, and standing on the same step as i was.

"sam, i really dont want to talk to you right now, or ever again," i said with an attitude, emphasising the really. "lets go matt," i said, and continued to walk up the steps, with matt still trailing behind me, when suddenly sam got directly infront of me, not letting me go by.

"no, were going to talk, right now. youre not going anywhere," sam sternly said, still not moving

"no sam, youre going to talk, and im going to ignore you and try to move on with my life, without you in it, the way i intended it to be. now move so i can get to my class," i said to him, trying to get passed him. which obviously didnt work, because he just put his hands on my hips and pushed me back down onto the step that i was on.

"sam, please get the fuck out of my way. theres honestly nothing to talk about, youre an asshole that i want nothing to do with, its not that hard to understand. i mean, im just a side chick, arent i?" i mockingly said to him.

"no, i dont care what you want, there is something to talk about, theres a lot to talk about. But first, why are you hanging around with this faggot? h-" i cut him off before he could say anything else to Matt.

"see sam, this is exactly why i want nothing to do with you, you just make people feel bad about themselves. matt is not a faggot, hes my friend, if anyone is the faggot, its you," i sassed at him, earning 'oohs' from his friends. i just turned to matt and smiled at him, then rubbed the top of his thumb with my thumb.

"sam, you just got completley burned by a chick. she obviously doesnt want to talk to you, just leave her alone," the very good looking, tan one with brown hair, said to sam.

"i just want to know why shes walking around, holding hands with this prick," sam said ponting to matt.

"oh sam, it sounds like youre jealous of matt. but thats too bad because youre just a side hoe," i mocked him with a frowny face, but then started chuckling. as he was shocked by what i said, i took it as an opportunity to get passed him. so i pushed him to the side, and went up the stairs with matt still holding onto my hand.