Chapter 8

They all came across the campsite in the forest. Paps covered Blue's mouth to keep him from instantly calling out to Shine. Blue glared at him but didn't protest.

Eclipse came out of the tent and yawned, stretching a little.

Blue let out a low growl.

"Calm down, Bro, you don't even know if he hurt him," Paps whispered, strangely calm.

There was a rustling in the tent, Shine had woken up, not seeing Eclipse there with him, "E-Eclipse?!" He crawled out and looked up at the other, his eyes were sparking, "O-oh... I didn't know where you went..."

“Oh, sorry. I was going to get breakfast started for us and I didn't want to wake you," Eclipse said.

Ink blinked a few times, confused.

"I'm sorry if I was too close when you woke up... I felt an emotion that made me want to be close to you... So... I acted... Don't be mad..." Shine said, sounding a bit upset.

Blue tilted his head.

"He's experiencing emotions?" Paps mumbled.

"I'm not mad, I honestly didn't mind that much," Eclipse said

Shine smiled, hopping to his feet, he hugged Eclipse.

Blue's eyes widen. Paps suddenly chuckled. Blue snapped his head toward him, "What's so funny, Paps?"

"Shine likes him," Paps said chuckling again, trying not to start laughing.

Dream blinked, "Oh my..."

Blue shook his head, "That's not right though, he kidnapped him... Isn't there a name for that?..."

Paps blinked, "I knew I shouldn't have let you on the Undernet..."

"Stockholm syndrome?" Ink said

Blue nodded, "Yeah that..."

"Let's just watch for now and see what happens..." Ink said.

Eclipse had finished making breakfast by this point and gave some to Shine. Shine took it and smiled, his eyes cracking continuously, "Thank you."

"No problem."

Shine and Eclipse started eating.

"So how did you sleep?" Eclipse asked.

"Very well actually, how about you?" Shine asked.

"Pretty good. Couple nightmares but i'm used to them..."

Shine frowned a bit, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I-I'd rather not. They're mostly about what's gone on in my universe..."

Shine nodded, "Okay... I'll listen if you need to talk."

Eclipse nodded, slightly. Shine smiled and blushed a bit, "I-I know we haven't known each other for long... B-but I care about you, Eclipse..."

Eclipse went a little bit quiet. Shine blinked and blushed more, "I-I'm sorry... I just felt like I should be honest... I-I won't say it again..." His eyes started to lose the bit of green and he started to lose emotion again.

"N-No, it's okay… I've just… I haven't heard that in a long time."

Shine's eyes sparked again, "O-oh." He smiled.

Eclipse still hasn't smiled yet, but his tone of voice actually had changed a little bit. Shine took the rest of his food and sat right next to Eclipse, maybe a little too close for comfort. Eclipse blinked a few times. Shine blinked, not seeming as if anything was wrong. Eclipse shrugged, a little, and they both continued eating.