Chapter 6

Eclipse landed in the middle of some sort of campsite, putting Shine down before gathering some wood into the pit in the center. Shine blinked a couple times, his eyes flickering, he knew he should feel fear but the emotion that was coming through, though it was vague, was curiosity. Eclipse set a fire in the pit and watched it flare to life. Shine looked at the fire, silently. Eclipse sat on the other side of it.

"Would you mind untying me? I'm completely helpless without emotions and they’re not exactly easy to bring up," Shine broke the silence after a while.

"I don't know if I can trust you to stay put or not."

"Where exactly could I go?" Shine asked.

"... Fine..." Eclipse said, untying him.

"Thank you," Shine sits more comfortably and looked back at the fire.

Eclipse went back to his spot on the other side. They sat there in silence, Shine figured Eclipse wasn't much for conversation and Shine himself really wasn't either, especially with someone he didn't know.

"You're not much of a talker, are you?"

"Not with people I don't know. No. Most of those I am around speak to me first. I don't usually initiate a conversation unless I'm feeling emotional," Shine said.

"Feeling emotional?"

"I'm sure that you can tell by sitting there that I am very different from how I was when we fought," Shine blinked.

"Yeah. You're honestly kind of interesting, Kid. Never seen anyone like you."

"Aside from Edge, Essence and Uncle Nightmare I've never seen anyone with such dark emotions," Shine said, then added, "You might have a more negative cloud around you than Uncle Nightmare."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Eclipse said.

"That's good," Shine faked a smile, "Neither type of emotion is bad from what Dad's taught me, even if too much negativity hurts him and too much positive hurts his brother."

Eclipse went a bit quiet before saying, "Your name is Shine, right? I heard some of them calling you that during the fight."

Shine nodded, "Yes that's right."

Eclipse went quiet. Shine blinked and went back to staring a the fire. Eclipse was staring into it also. It felt nice to have a little bit of company for once. Shine's eyes sparked slightly, he gave a barely audible chuckle.

"Hm?"

"You said you discarded positive emotions yet I can feel something there; its small, like one of my flickers, but it's there," Shine said.

"Whatever."

"Mom said you remind him of Uncle Papyrus... You remind me of Mr. Dust though," Shine said, "His universe was normal for a while some genocide, some neutral, some pacifist. Suddenly his human started doing what your human does. Constant genocide. After a while he couldn't take it anymore. Want to know what he did?" He was sure the answer would be silence or no so he went on, "After a reset he killed everyone before the human could leave the ruins... He wanted to max out his LV to fight the human and finally beat them. He started to enjoy killing though and kept doing it."

Eclipse looked up a little bit.

"The person he was the most brutal with was his Papyrus... Sure he killed the human as soon as they came back from their save but... What he did to his Papyrus..." Shine's eyes flickered, he sighed, "Mom, Dad and Ink eventually stepped in and they were able to help him out of his madness... Mom and him are together now... They had my little brother Sprinkles who is a few years younger than me."