Chapter 15

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    Leven...Leven...wake up, son...

    I heard me mother's voice clear as a bell. I opened up my eyes and saw my beautiful mother, smiling at me. "Ma!', I cried, getting up and throwing myself into her arms. She still smelled the way I remembered, like gardenias in full bloom. Seeing me mother again had to mean I was dead, and that reality made me sad. "No frowns, son", she told me, as she always had when I was a wee lad.
     "Ma, where am I?", I asked. "Have you always been here?" Me mother gave me another extra long hug, and I felt as if I were a boy again. I'd always loved me mother's hugs, and when she passed, I thought I'd never get to receive one of those hugs again. But here she was, holding me, her only son, like she never wanted to let me go.
     "It's so good to see you again, ma!", I said, feeling the warmth of euphoria spread through me. Little did I know, I was actually laying on an operation table in the emergency room, a bullet being removed from me shoulder, knife wounds being stitched back together, oblivious to the fact that I was dying. Me ma's sweet face was all I could see, and I felt so peaceful there in her arms, I never wanted to leave.
     "Leven, son, you must wake up", me ma said. I was confused. "But I am up, ma!", I said, holding her tight. My mother seemed to be pulling away from me, and I couldn't understand why. "Ma, what's wrong?", I asked, worried. It had been so long since I had seen me mother, and now, here she was, pulling away from me. "Please ma! Don't let go of me!", I cried. "Son, I have to! You have to wake up! If you stay here with me any longer, you will die son, and you have such a long life to look forwards to! You have a beautiful wife who loves you, and that beautiful baby boy to take care of! You have to wake up Leven!", she urged.
    A son! I had a son! At the mention of me Bridget's name, my heart began to pump harder. Suddenly, my head began to spin, and I felt myself coming alive. "Oh ma, but I miss you so much! Will I ever see you again?", I asked, grabbing her hands. Me ma smiled at me, then replied, "When the time is right, we shall see each other again. Until then, you keep my memory alive, in your heart! Son, use all of the love I instilled inside of you and give it to your wife and son! They both need you to wake up! Oh son, I love you with all of me heart! Wake up and go live your beautiful life!"
     At that moment, I felt a million bolts electrifying me, causing me mother to fade away, and all I could feel was heat, a heated foam filling my entire body. I thought of my sweet Bridget then, and forced myself to awaken from this nightmare. I needed to see me wife and son.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

      When Mathers pulled the trigger, he thought he'd be ending me and the life inside of my womb, but he was wrong. Somehow the bullet miraculously missed our child, but ruptured my placenta. Thankfully Leven's friend Euric found us in time. I couldn't think of anything except my child as the blood gushed heavily from my wound. That final blast I heard was sickening, and as I forced myself to look, I saw my dear husband Leven's body seeming to crumple, bringing the old bastard that was his  father down with him.
     Thinking he was dead, I cried, blood tears filling my eyes. I thought my baby had died inside of me, and the thought that I couldn't protect him or her defeated me. But just then, I heard my husband still tussling with his father and could barely turn my head, but I did, to witness my husband strangle his demonic father to death. I believe I wanted to cheer inside, for him to just look at me, let me see those eyes. He had won, and I needed to see Leven's face.
    Just then, the worst pain I've ever known took over me, and I knew it was the baby. I cried out in pain and agony, and that was the last thing my beloved heard from me, because Leven passed out. Me, thinking he was dead, plus due to the tremendous amount of pain I was in, just opened my mouth and screamed, trying not to break away into a million pieces. I just knew this was the end....
      I felt myself being lifted, and opened my eyes enough to see a man of dark complexion carrying me out to an SUV. He had concern on his face, but was steadfast, and laid me onto the backseat. I blacked out again. When I awoke again, I looked over to see Leven and I being rolled down a long hallway on our way to the Emergency room. His face was the last thing I remembered, and I swore he was dead, the eery way his head was slumped to the side. I remember crying my heart out, then screaming in pain, then nothing.
    Wherever my soul was, it was null and void without my Leven in it. It felt like I had a horrible stomach ache, along with every kind of pain imaginable. I was being operated on, an emergency C-SECTION. All I could think of was losing my husband and child on the same day, and that was enough to make me give up. If they were gone, I didn't want to live. The thought of never being able to see our child's face, or never being able to make love to Leven again just made me even more helpless.
      I could hear the doctor and surgeons speaking all at once, but no sound of infant crying. I just knew my baby had died, and my other baby as well. Despair took over me, and I didn't give a fuck anymore. I welcomed death. If I couldn't have my husband and our child, there was no reason for me to live.
     I began to go under, everything I knew fading away. I felt myself floating out of my body, simply hovering. "Bridget", I heard a warm voice calling me. "Bridget." I looked over and saw a woman standing behind the whole mess of doctors and attendants, smiling at me. The woman came closer to me, wrapping her arms around me in a hug, then stared at me in the eyes. "Bridget, you have to wake up! My son needs you!" When I heard her say that, I immediately knew this was Leven's dead mother. She had those same beautiful soulful blue eyes.
    I will never forget this. "He's gone! Our baby is gone! How can I wake up from this nightmare to not have them?", I cried. Leven's mother hugged me again and said, "Leven will be waiting for you, along with your son! Please Bridget, you must wake up! Your family needs you!"
     My family. I loved the sound of that. Leven's mother smiled at me again, and I felt myself smiling back. "My son loves you, and that's enough to fight for! Take care of him and that beautiful grandson of mine, will you?", she asked. Tears streamed down my face as I held onto her hands and nodded wildly.  I never even knew this woman in life, yet her apparition was giving me more love than my own blood family would have. "Thank you!", I exclaimed, crying. Leven's mother released my hands, then said, "I love you, Bridget! Thank you for making my son so happy, but you need to wake up!"
     The sounds of my baby's crying brought me to the now as if a switch were turned on. I opened my eyes to see the doctor holding my beautiful son, all beige and new, and I began to cry in relief. "You have a strong son, ma'am! The three of you have made history, I tell you!", replied the doctor. "Leven....did my husband make it?", I asked, hopefully. The doctor squeezed my hand and looked me square in the eyes. "My dear, your husband will be fine! Now, here's your little guy! You'll soon be able to introduce your husband to him!", he said, then added, "Miraculous!" It was a miracle that we all survived this horrible, horrible onslaught, brought on because of one man's bigotry, hatred, and racism. I almost lost everything: my husband, our child, my life.
      After cleaning him up, a nurse helped me hold my son, so tiny, yet so strong. His eyes were barely opened, but I could see he possessed his daddy's beautiful gems. "Hello, my son!", I cried, kissing his little forehead, hoping my beaten, swollen face wouldn't scare him too much. My son's lungs were definitely in working order, and he let me know he was hungry. I laid him on my chest as careful as I could, then gave him my breast. I felt the pull of his suction and was so overwhelmed, I thought I would die of happiness. "What are you going to call him?", the nurse asked. At that moment, I didn't know what to say.
     "His name will be Solomon! Solomon Euric Blackwood!", I heard a tired, strained, but familiar voice say. I looked up and saw eternity.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

    When Euric wheeled me into the room Bridget was in, and I saw her, I immediately wanted to cry. Seeing her breastfeeding our son, it just did something so right to me. Me wife and child were alive, and that's all that mattered. "His name.." , I said as I strained to get up out of my wheelchair and stand, "will be Solomon! Solomon Euric Blackwood!", I told the nurse. Bridget looked at me with so much love, I wanted nothing more than to take her in me arms and make love to her.
    I staggered in my haste to get to her, and Euric steadied me, helping me along to me wife and newborn son. "Thank you, mate! If you hadn't gotten to us when you did, me wife and child would be dead, me as well! I thank you wholeheartedly, and that's why, if it's okay with Bridget, I'd like to name our son after you!", I told him. I'd never seen me old mate smile like he did then. "Oh Leven, of course it's okay with me! Baby, you're alive, our baby is safe, and it's all because you and your friend came for us!", exclaimed Bridget.
   I made my way to the bed and grabbed the back of Bridget's head, kissing her as passionately as I ever recalled. I'd move mountains for this woman, and overcame me horrible da's wrath. "I love you, Bridget, and our wonderful son!", I exclaimed. Bridget smiled at me through teary eyes, then replied, "I love you too! Always and forever!"  
    I looked over at the wee lad on me wife's breast and tears fell from my eyes. Bridget saw me crying and began to cry as well. "We'll leave you two alone with your son now", said the nurse, adding, "You have a beautiful family!" I laughed through me tears, then looked at Bridget once more. "He's beautiful, love", I told her, then kissed her lips again. I hurt like hell to see how badly she had been beaten, but what mattered most was that this horrible shite was finally over, and this was the beginning of our new life together.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐