His mother's eyes well up, and he gives her a quick kiss. Catherine is a warrior, and Louis is so proud to call himself her son. She is an omega that kept moving forward when her alpha died. A lot of people had been worried of how they would continue with their life after the alpha of the house died, but his mother proved everybody wrong by being able to raise her children on her own.

She squints her eyes at her son after a minute and then she grabs the collar of his shirt and exposes his collarbone.

Louis is startled and moves back but she gets in his face stepping closer, "Louis William Tomlinson, was that your way of telling me you found a mate?"

Louis widens his eyes, "What?! Mum, no! I was just thinking about you, there was no malice in my intentions."

The woman eyes him up and down, "Should I trust you?" She raises her eyebrow.

The male omega laughs, putting his hands on her shoulders and massaging them. "Relax, please. I promise I haven't found a mate. Besides, you would have smelled them on me if I had. And, I really didn't have time, what with my course and job. I only had time to study, eat and sleep. Couldn't even if I wanted, which I don't."

"You're nineteen, kid. There is no better time than right now." She rubs his arm.

Louis scoffs, "Where do you suggest I find one, mum? Here? Never in a million years. Alphas of Adora think that omegas are only good for breeding and cooking. Dad was one of the few exceptions."

Catherine opens her mouth to talk but then presses them together and just nods. She can't even say that Louis is wrong because he isn't. She more than anybody else knows that Louis is right. Either way, that doesn't mean that she isn't hoping that her son someday will find someone suitable for him.

Louis knows his mother wants to find the proper words to give him a reply, but she can't. So he spares her the trouble and gets up from where he is.

"Do you mind if I go to my room and rest for a bit? I'm knackered," he says with a sigh, rolling the sleeves of his shirt. It's hot in there.

Adora is a city where rarely rains, eleven months out of twelve there is hot and people don't even own coats or cloaks. That's a good thing though since they don't have the money for wood to keep them warm if it ever got cold.

"Sure, baby. I'll make you a sandwich and bring it to you. Go rest." His mum gets up with him and pats his back.

"Thank you," Louis says with a tight-lipped smile, "If Noe comes, please tell me immediately. I have a small gift for her."

His mother shakes her head in fondness, and just hugs him again, feeling so proud of him, and so proud of herself for raising a son like Louis.

The Styles house pack is situated just outside of the city. It's the home of the six members of the council, Harry Styles the son of the ex-leader, being one of them. Imperium is one of the strongest packs of their country, alas poor.

Their main source of income is their earth products, in which most of the pack is employed in that field, and their river. They're specialised in fighting too. They're strong and do not fear if rogue alphas threaten to attack.

Harry is currently on the first floor of their house, walking down the hallway to their meeting hall. Niall, his soon-to-be second in command is walking beside him. Even though the boy moved here a few years back from Ireland with his family, meaning that he is not local, Niall has proved to be one of the most loyal friends to Harry alongside with Liam.

"The members are waiting for your coronation, alpha," Niall says as they walk. "We have a few crucial topics to talk about today, in which we cannot proceed without your authorisation."