Chapter 3: Gavin and Guns

Enjoy!

Hank was currently attempting to interrogate the deviant. He wasn't getting anywhere. Connor, Lara, Chris and... Gavin were watching through the glass.

"Fuck it, I'm out of here..." he exclaimed, standing up from his chair. He left the interrogation room and soon appeared by Lara's side, "We're wasting our time interrogating a machine, we're getting nothing out of it!" Hank sat down in a chair and looked through the glass at the deviant.

Gavin leaned on the wall, "Could always try roughing it up a little. After all... It's not human."

Connor quickly jumped in, "Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it. And that wouldn't make it talk," it still hurt Lara on the inside to hear Connor calling his own people 'it', "Deviants also have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations."

"Okay, smart ass..." Gavin took a step forwards toward Connor, "What should we do then?"

"I could try questioning it," Connor said after a moments thought. This made Gavin let out a laugh.

Lara glared at Gavin before looking at Hank, "What's the worst he could do, dad?" she asked.

Hank nodded slightly before sighing, "You're right. What have we got to lose?" he took a short glance back at Connor, "Go ahead. Suspect's all yours," truth be told, Hank was just annoyed of Gavin's shit at this point. He wanted Connor out of the room so Gavin couldn't continue.

Connor turned towards the door and placed his hand on the scanner in order to exit. As the door opened, Lara quickly stopped Connor in his tracks by placing a hand on his shoulder, "Good luck, Connor."

  He gave her a slight smile and nodded, "Thank you, Detective

  He gave her a slight smile and nodded, "Thank you, Detective."  

-x-

As Connor sat down opposite the deviant, Gavin decided to open his mouth, "Why do you even bother sympathising with a piece of plastic like that, Lara?"

"Gavin..." Hank groaned, "Do you really need to have this conversation now?"

"I was just curious," he replied, "Well, Anderson?" he looked back at Lara.

She folded her arms and glared at him, "Why wouldn't I sympathise? His people are treated like shit here in Detroit and they deserve better. That's all." Hank groaned once again - he knew that this was only the beginning of a heated argument. Chris just rolled his eyes and tried to ignore them. Hank and Chris tried their best to focus on the interrogation that Connor was inducting.

"Oh, come on!" Gavin continued, "It's a fuckin' piece of plastic! I'm highly certain that they don't even know what the concept of 'equality' is."

"Maybe they would understand the concept better if humans weren't such assholes to them."

"Lara," Hank said, "Stop it."

"Why you tellin' me to stop!?" she exclaimed, "You better tell him to stop before I kick his ass!"