Chapter 19: Operation and Interrogation

(A/N: OFF TOPIC BUT... Am I the only one who ships Connor/Gavin and Kara/Ralph like... Thinking about it - both of these ships are fucking cute in their own weird way)

ALSO I AM HEAVILY CHANGING THE LORE HERE TO HELP KEEP THE FLOW OF THIS STORY XD

PREPARE FOR MY TAKE ON GAVIN'S LORE (Here's a looooong chapter for you all)

The police had arrived. They saw that the Lieutenant was coming back into consciousness whilst the woman was unresponsive.

The mass amount of damage that the bullet had done to her was unreal. They were surprised that she hadn't actually been killed on impact.

-x-

After the police had found out the woman's name, they acted immediately.

Lara was admitted to hospital whilst the Lieutenant had his leg wound fixed and was then taken down to the police station to be interrogated.

The detective had been questioning the Lieutenant for almost thirty minutes now and still. Nothing.

"Why'd you do it, Hank?" he questioned again, "Our own Lieutenant... Shooting his own fuckin' daughter who is barely hanging on to the life she has left.

Hank shook his head, keeping the tears at bay, "I didn't shoot her." he kept on denying it.

"The only fingerprints on that gun were yours, Hank! Explain yourself!"

"Fuck. You. I know I didn't do it. So I've got nothing more to say to you."

"You're not helping yourself... or us, Hank-"

The door to the interrogation room quickly slid open, "Well well well, what do we have here? Our very own Lieutenant commiting a crime."

"Fuck off, Reed." the other detective said.

Gavin ignored him before patting his shoulder, "I think I will take it from here, Detective. I'm a little bit more... experienced when it comes to shit like this. Take an early break."

"You better know what you're fuckin' doin, Reed." he said, standing up and taking his leave, making sure the door was closed behind him.

Gavin sat in the chair and leaned back, putting his feet up on the desk, "He had a nice ass." he said with a smirk. Hank just looked at him in confusion, "Fuck. Only trying to lighten the mood in here, Anderson. You woulda thought someone had died-" he paused, "Probably not the best thing to say. That's get back to the task at hand." he put his feet before leaning forwards and clasping his hands together, placing them on the table, "What exactly happened? Friend to friend."

"I don't do fuckin' friends, Reed."

"Aquaintence to aquaintence then, old man. I believe you didn't do it." he continued, "You gotta prove your innocence though, Anderson."

"I just want to see my daughter." he stated, trying to keep his composure, "I... I've only just fuckin' lost Cole. I can't lose her too."

Gavin kept his cold stare as he tried not to falter, "Docs don't think she's gonna make it. Her left eye is pretty much useless and her brain has been scathed. It's a damn miracle that she's even still breathin'. They're having to give her some Thirium infused blood to keep her going, in hopes of actually keepin' her stable."

"I-I can help her. I just need to get outta here. Now."

"As much as I would love to do that, Lieutenant. I can't." he leaned back, hands behind his head, "Not until you tell us what happened."

Hank then leaned forward and placed his elbows on the table and his head in his hands, "I don't fuckin' remember. I was drunk. Trying to drink the fuckin' pain away. I know I didn't shoot her though. I would never ever even think of doing something so fucked up like that."