Hear me out

As you were crying on the cold tiles of the library, you lost your sense of time. Minutes could have passed just easily as hours. You didn't really care about time at that point. You felt like your whole world was burnt down to ashes, and the emptiness left in it's place was hurting like nothing before.

You were angry at yourself, and even at Steve. The whole situation was so stupid. How could Loki think that you two were getting together or anything... and why did he act like this in the first place? He wouldn't have been so furious if he didn't care at all as he said. And this could only mean one thing: there may be still a chance. You just had to make him listen to you, and maybe you could make things right. From the ashes of your broken soul, a tiny sparkle rised and become a strong, new fire again lit up by hope.

You dried up your tears from your face as best as you could, and walked outside of the library. Unfortunately, the way from there to Loki's room was too long, and you were praying on not to meet anyone. It was obvious that you were pretty down and your eyes were still red and puffy from crying. You weren't in the mood for pretending to be okay nor to find out fake excuses.

You made it to the elevator without bumping into anyone, but the hardest part was still ahead. You had to walk through the living room, or the kitchen to reach the corridor that leads to Loki's room. You were wondering which way to go, where would you possibly meet less people. You choose the kitchen because as you guessed your chances would be higher there.

As you walked in, you noticed the only person you didn't want to meet at the moment. You tried to sneak past behind Steve, who was sitting by the counter, but he heard you coming in.

"Hey, what's up?" his face shined up almost immediately.

"Nothing much, I'm just going to my room," you said as casually as you could, avoiding eye contact. You almost made it to the other door, when he grabbed your wrist.

"I can see that something's wrong. Were you crying?!"

"Please, let me go. I can't right now." You tried to free your hand and escape the room, but he held your hand with a strong grip.

"Was it he, wasn't he? I swear I'll kill him..." his face suddenly lit up in anger.

"No, you've done enough as it is. Believe me, it's nothing I can't handle. Now let me go."

You felt like with every second you waste Loki drifts farther and farther away until you can't reach him anymore. You had to go and talk to him, and Steve was only holding you back.

"Why? He doesn't deserve you! He's just using you! And for one, I would never do that to you. I would never make you cry and..."

"Please. If you want to help, then let me go," you gave him a serious look. You couldn't really deal with him and his manners, feelings or whatever he wanted to say. He was important to you, but now you didn't have time for him. The only thing you cared about was Loki. He must have sensed it, because without any words he let go of your hand, and stepped aside with a dark face.

"Thank you," you said with a weak, pained smile, and rushed down the empty corridor.

When you reached Loki's room, you tried to go in, but it was locked.

"I know you're in here! Please, let me in, and at least hear me out!" you shouted while banging at the door.

"And what if I don't care? You're just wasting your time here, you'd better leave me alone," came the answer from the room.

"Then I will stand here until you finally come out."

"Okay, have a great time. I'm done with talking to you," you heard his annoyed voice through the door. But you didn't give up this easy. You decided to stay and talk to him, even if he didn't want to.

"Fine, if you won't open the door, I will burn it down to ashes and just walk right through!" You waited for a few seconds, but there was no reply. He was serious about being done talking to you.

A huge fireball was already forming in your palm when you suddenly got a better idea. You took a step back and tried to focus your mind as strong as you could. A few days ago you performed a way bigger spell in Muspelheim, so this must be easy now. You shut your eyes, as darkness wrapped your body.

The next moment, when you opened your eyes, you were standing on the other side of the door, in Loki's room. He was sitting on the floor with his back leaning to the door. He looked at you with an expressionless face, but you could see the pain in his eyes, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

"I told you to leave. In Asgard, an execution would be the least for infiltrating my room."

"Make me," you straightened yourself and put your hands on your hips. "I won't go until you hear me out," you stated with strong resolve in your voice.

"Fine. You have one minute," he turned his head to the side with a sigh. You sat down next to him to the floor, and he moved himself a bit away, avoiding you to touch him.

"Look, we are not together, and I can do whatever I want as you said before; yet I feel like I have to explain this thing to you because I hurt you," you started while trying to make eye-contact, but he was looking straight down at his hands.

"Thirty seconds left," he said still without looking at you.

"We were doing nothing on the roof. I was just feeling down, and he tried to cheer me up. He is my friend too, you can't hate him for this. Besides, as far as I know, he was always nice to you."

"Time's up. Bye."

"I'm nowhere near done. Just listen, please. You are important to me, and I do care about you. Why are you so jealous and acting like this if you don't care? Why are you shutting me out?" At first you thought he wouldn't answer anyway, but after what it felt like an eternity later, he opened his mouth:

"I don't know. Guess I never really had anyone to care about, and I was scared that I might lose you. You're important to me too. And when I saw you on the roof with the patriot, I was afraid you wouldn't want to be with me anymore. I mean if you two get together, you wouldn't want to go to Jotunheim and just leave him here..." his words melted your heart. Even if You weren't sure how he meant it, his words made your stomach jump, and your heart racing. He was finally opening up to you.

You leaned your head against his shoulder, and this time he didn't move away.

"I wouldn't be here if you weren't worth fighting for. And I still want to go to Jotunheim with you."

He rested his head on yours, as he let out a small laugh:

"Have I ever told you, how annoying you are?"

"No, this is the first time," you giggled. The relationship between you was still unclear and twisted, but at least now you knew he's not angry anymore. That was all you needed at the moment, the rest could wait. Now that you had a chance, you would figure it out with time.

After that, for the rest of the afternoon, you stayed in his room and planned your departure to the Land of ice and snow. You were not talking about any of your feelings, or this argument anymore. These were always like fire: it lit up fast, and the flames got high, but then it died quickly like rain washed it away. It was kind of part of the nature of your friendship, and both of you got used to it.

Finally, you agreed on departing the next day, early in the morning. You were eager to be there already for two reasons. First, you've never been there, and you were curious about this mysterious land that so many legends talk about. Second, there you would be alone with the raven-haired god, and maybe you could make a move, and finally figure out his true feelings.

At night you couldn't sleep from excitement, but when finally sleep got to you, you were seeing a tall man with jet black hair and blue eyes in your dreams...