Newly arrived

You were new among the group of Avengers, which you became a part of thanks to your magic powers. You had control over fire and were capable of other spells. The Avengers knew that you were only half-human, and your other half belonged to another realm, but never really asked you about that.

You just arrived to the Stark tower a few weeks ago, and you were still getting used to the new place and people to live with. Everyone welcomed you warm-heartedly and were pretty nice to you, though you still felt a little nervous around them.

One day you were wandering on the long and empty corridor, trying to find your room. The building was huge, and sometimes you still got lost. At the end of the corridor, you finally reached your door. You were relieved that finally, you can end your roaming without running into anyone. The others always helped you if they found you lost in the building, but you always felt awkward at these times. You knew that this would be a long process to get used to this place and that the others would happily help you anytime. Still, you wanted to do this on your own, without help. Maybe you were too proud, but you couldn't help it.

With these thoughts on your mind, you stepped into the room. You closed the door behind you when you suddenly realized this wasn't your room. A deep red blush spread across your face as the man on the sofa looked upon you from his book. His eyes were cold blue, and his tangled raven black hair fell lazily on his shoulders. His skin was pale white, especially in the contrast of his black hair. He was observing you without any interest on his face.

"I'm so sorry! I thought it was my room, but I guess I got lost again..." you started your apologies.

"Your room is next door to mine," he said while returning to his book. He was clearly done with the conversation and wanted you to leave. For some reason you wanted to get to know him, so you decided to stay and introduce yourself.

"Thank you. I think we haven't met yet. I'm (y/n), the new member of the group," you smiled at the strange, yet attractive man.

"Loki. Probably you've heard of me. The one who tried to destroy New York, betrayed his family a couple times etc, etc... If you're done with staring at the monster, please close the door while leaving," he said without looking at you.

You reached for the door handle ready to leave, but your curiosity stopped you. You turned back to him, and carefully took a few steps in his direction.

"I've heard about these things, but I don't think you're a monster. I prefer deciding after getting to know somebody better."

"Come on! Don't try pretending the good and innocent girl, who isn't afraid of the cruel monster. All those pretenders are doing this, and you are no different," he put the book aside and was staring at you. His eyes were full of anger.

"Why should I be afraid of you? I only see a man in front of me, not a monster." You didn't want to make him angrier, but at the same time, you wanted to know why he acted like this. You wanted to test how far you can go before he drops his mean act.

Loki suddenly stood up and walked up to you. He pushed you against the door with one arm and grabbed your face with the other hand, forcing you to look him in the eye.

"I will tell you why you should be afraid and leave me alone if you want it so bad," he hissed. "I am a god, even more, I am a frost giant, and you are just a mere human. I could easily do to you whatever I want!" He said, tightening his grip on you, while his skin turned into a beautiful shade of blue, and his eyes turned bright red. He turned into his natural form, thinking this might scare you enough to let him be.

Unfortunately, this did not scare you at all. You enjoyed his little play and wanted to spice things up a little bit. You closed your eyes and concentrated on the fire within you. Your skin started to turn into a bright colour of flame red, and when you opened your eyes they were glowing with yellow lights. Where his ice-cold skin contacted the flaming skin of yours, steam started to form. Loki quickly let go of you, and stepped back, turning back into human.

"Are you done with this ridiculous little play? I am not scared of you, and I don't think that you are a monster," you smirked at him, enjoying the surprise on his face.

"Wha- what are you?" he clearly wasn't used to be the tricked one. You were proud of yourself that you could make the God of Mischief this surprised and shocked. This turned out even better than you were expecting. Maybe it wasn't so bad that you walked into the wrong room after all.

"In some ways, I'm like you. My mother is midgarian, and my father is from Muspelheim. I am a fire giant."

"Impressive. Now I understand, why are you so stubborn and why wouldn't you leave me alone," he claimed back his cool and smoothed down his clothes with a small smile in the corner of his mouth.

"Well, yes. You aren't the only freak around here anymore... I should be leaving right now, sorry for disturbing you. I'll be next door if you need me," you winked at him.

You could see in his eyes that he was now interested in you, but you wanted to play hard to get. You found him handsome and attractive but still was unsure about him. Maybe you two could be friends...

Without looking back you walked out of his room and entered your own. Loki was standing there for a few more moments, staring at you leaving. He was shocked by the fact that a fire giant joined the Avengers, and nobody told him. Besides that, there was something special about you. When you first appeared by the door, you looked so weak, scared and defenceless. He wanted to have a little fun with the tiny little human, but he found a real warrior instead. When you showed him your true self, you were fierce, brave, confident, and sassy. All the features he appreciated.

His skin was hurting where your fire met his ice, but he didn't mind it. He liked you and wanted to know you better. With this thought on his mind, he sat back on the sofa and started reading his book again...