The journey ahead

The following days Loki and you seemed to get along surprisingly well. You were arguing less and less each day, and there was an unspoken arrangement between you that you don't talk more about any of your origins or past. Neither of you wanted to tear up old and probably painful scars just yet.

Instead, you were reading together sometimes in the library, or just talking in one of your rooms. You realised you've become quite comfortable in his presence. He still was arrogant and cynical a lot, but with time it got better. He was intelligent, and you even found him quite funny. He seemed to be getting comfortable with you too. You could see this by his reactions: he started to smile, laugh and joke around you more. In him, you found your second real friend in the tower.

Soon the two of you developed a new common hobby aside from reading: making trouble, and pranking the others. You started with innocent ones, like changing up salt and sugar in the kitchen, and waiting for the others to take the first sips of their morning coffee. Then you went for bigger ones, like putting blue hair dye in Thor's shampoo. The outcome was hilarious. Everyone loved this one except for the former blonde god himself. He was so angry, that Loki and you had to hide from him for days. With time the Avengers had enough of your tricks and pranks and suggested that you should take a weak or two off.

At first, you were offended by the idea because you still felt like you were the new girl, who is now sent away. You didn't want to upset your friends, who started to become your new family. You owed them too much for everything they've done for you. For accepting you. Unlike you, Loki liked the idea of getting away from the tower. He was a member of the group, but he hasn't left the building for a long time now. Basically, he was still locked up but in a way bigger cage.

In the evening he walked up to you when you were cooking dinner in the kitchen:

"I was thinking about what the Man of Iron said yesterday." He started, leaning against the counter, watching you stirring something over the stove.

"You mean when he said I've had enough! Get the hell out for a week or two, I need a break and a drink?" You asked not looking up from what you were doing. Tony's words still hurt you a bit, though you have apologised and knew he didn't mean it.

"Yes."

"And? Go on." You were now trying to get some spices from the top shelf of the cabinet, but you couldn't reach it even on your tiptoes. For a few seconds Loki watched you struggle with a soft smile on his face then he stepped next to you. He took down the box you wanted and handed it to you while looking in your eyes.

"What do you think about a trip to the nine realms?" he asked you while scanning your face for any reactions. Deep down he was afraid of you would turn down his offer. He wanted to get out of the tower so badly, and finally, have some action happening. And for some reason he also wanted you to be by his side.

"I've only met you since... like two months ago? And you want to take a literal world tour with me?" you giggled, but when you saw his face hardening, you quickly stopped. You didn't want to disoblige him as so many people did before.

"So the nine realms... Let me count, Asgard, Midgard, Niflheim..." you started to count down on your fingers in a more serious tone.

"I'd rather leave out Midgard since we are already here. Also, I am not welcomed at Asgard, so I'd drop it too," he interrupts you in midsentence.

"Okay, then it's Niflheim, Helheim, Svartalfheim, Alfheim..." you started again with growing interest. You've never been to these places before, and a bit of change and adventure could never hurt.

"Also leave out Helheim. Hella... let's just say she doesn't like me either. Svartalfheim is full of nasty creatures, I don't want to go there again. Niflheim is boring, only mist and fog. Alfheim is..."

"Loki stop! How is it nine realms, if you're taking out every single one of them? Is there any of these places where you aren't wanted to be dead?" you asked him a bit annoyed because you started to like the idea of travelling and seeing new places. "I'll say it in another way: in which realms do you really want to go, and what would we do there?"

"I had Muspelheim and Jotunheim in mind. And what else than looking for some trouble?" he asked with his mischievous smile that made your heart race and with an excited shine in his blue eyes.

"The game is on. I bet you wouldn't last a day in Muspelheim, Iceboy," you smirked and shoved his arm playfully while turning back to your cooking.

"Please don't give me stupid names. And in my opinion, you are the one, who couldn't handle the howling winds of Jotunheim. You would freeze to death," he folded his arms, still smiling at you.

"Come on! I am literally on fire, cold doesn't affect me. Or did you forget when we first met?" you turned back to him, showing the small, blue burn mark on your forearm.

"How could I?" he lifted up his forearm as well, with a similar red burn mark on it. "Is it settled then? Are you coming with me?" he asked you casually while searching for his box of tea in the cabinet.

"At first we need to get permission from Thor. I mean you still can't leave the tower without his approval." you saw the tall god scowl and mumble something under his breath. His pride couldn't take that he still was kind of babysat by his brother.

"Do you want me to talk to him? I think I could convince him to let you go. He has a big heart, and you know he cares about you."

"Sure, whatever. See you tomorrow."

He quickly got away with his hot mug of tea. He still didn't like to talk about his brother or family. It also didn't help the case that Thor has his word over Loki's things on Earth. It made him uncomfortable, and you understood why.

The next morning you decided to tell Thor your plans. You found him in the gym, working out as always. His long hair still had a light shade of blue, and it made you giggle every single time you saw him.

You told him that Loki and you wanted to travel to Muspelheim and Jotunheim to have some adventures and free time from the Avengers. You reassured him that as far as you know Loki can be trusted, and he is your friend. You also promised him to call him if anything bad happens and to come back immediately to Earth. After long minutes of talking about trust and safety, you realised he was smiling and was convinced in the very beginning.

He was happy his brother finally found a friend for himself, and that he is no longer as grumpy and mean as before your arrival. These last words of his made you blush and your stomach jumped, as your thoughts drifted toward the raven-haired god...

After your successful conversation with the God of Thunder, you hurried down the corridors with an ear to ear smile on your face to Loki's room. You swung the door open with a dramatic move:

"Pack your things Iceboy, we are going to Muspelheim!"