24: Is this a prank?

Rainbow Dash's POV

"It's time for some hot chocolate!" Soarin said, stretching while walking right beside me.

"It got even more chillier. Is this normal?"

"I don't know. I rarely get to visit France. I don't know what is the right temperature for today but who cares? I want me some hot choco!"

We opened the door of the cafe and we took one step inside, then people started yelling, "Baiser! Baiser! Baiser!" then pulling out their phones. I raised an eyebrow at this then looked at Soarin, whose eyes was wide.

"Soarin? What are they yelling about?" I asked. He suddenly looked up and did the same.

A freaking mistletoe was hanging above our heads. Are you serious?

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him, smashing his lips unto mine. I was flustered and felt the blood rush up to my cheeks. I'm still not used to his kisses. Then, he pulled away. "Let's go." He smiled then grabbed my hand and led me to the counter. I covered my face with my beanie and scarf. I don't like people watching us kiss. Goodness, my face must be red as a tomato. Despite the cold, I could feel my cheeks hot. I want to go back...

After getting our drinks, we sat down on a table. I looked around and saw that the people were back to normal again. I sighed in relief.

"Sorry about that..." Soarin rubbed the back of his neck. "I wasn't really expecting that mistletoe. And something just came over me."

"I-it's fine..."

~ Few Days Later ~

"I'm so happy that I got to meet you, Rainbow Dash! I hope we could see each other again!" Mrs. Blaze said, holding both of my hands.

"I do hope so too!" I smiled. Mrs. Blaze turned to Soarin and gave him a big bear hug.

"See you again, Soarin!"

"See you soon, mom."

After a while, we finally got in the plane and went to our assigned seats. Soarin took the window seat. He was looking out the window, a frown was formed on hid lips. He looked like he was going to cry.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah," he sniffed then wiped the tears with his arm. "I just rarely get to see mom."

"Hey, it's okay." I patted him on the shoulder. "You'll see her again, don't worry."

"Yeah but, my mom is getting old. I want to be with her, but I need to be in Canterlot and do celebrity business so I can support my family."

"What?"

"We grew up poor. When mom told dad that she was pregnant with me and my sister, he fled. That selfish ******* left mom so we almost had no money. She gave birth in difficulty since she had twins and almost died. But I'm glad that her friend allowed us to live in her house and payed for the hospital bills. But my mom thought that it was unfair and she wanted to pay her back. Her friend reluctantly agreed and mom started to practice baking. After making budget, she started to run a bakery and that was our house. But the money wasn't enough to feed a mother and two hungry children. We almost starved to death if it hadn't for her friend who visited us at least once a month gave us food. Then, after a few years, a businessman came and bought some bread and saw me. I was ten at that time. He told my mother that he was looking for someone who is a professional at acting and doing some celebrity business. But I didn't know how to act at that time but he wanted me and was going to teach me. I didn't really want to, but I agreed for the sake of mom and Navy. I agreed and we started receiving money. I didn't really like being popular, but I thought it was necessary for us. My mom didn't want to force me to do something I didn't want to do, but she agreed after I convinced her that we needed money. I was then moved to Canterlot. I was always homesick and wanted to go back to mom. I only get to see her at least a few days a year. And that feeling has been going on for 7 years, until you showed up."