Chapter 23: Our Plan

Start from the beginning

"Alright I got you."

As much as I wanted to tell Ethan what was going on, I couldn't. It was too dangerous. I didn't want him involved. I loved and cared too much for him. He was like a brother. I wouldn't dare let anything happen to him because of me.  I wouldn't live.

I snap out of my thoughts as Christian gets in the car, shutting the door.

"I'm getting my face changed." I smirk at Christian as I put the car on reverse.

"What?"

"Hi yeah I'm-"

"They're with me Robert." I hear Ethan tell the security guard

I look around until I spot him coming towards me with open arms.

I run and hug him with all my force.

To have an old friend who's been with you for almost half your life in front of you after awhile saddens me. I felt like crying. He was the only one who hadn't betrayed me and he never would. I expected more out of him than my own cousin.

"Fuck I missed you." He whispered into my ear.

"Me too. So so much." We continued to hug for a minute before we let each other go, but not completely as he still had an arm around me.

"Oh I also brought Christian with me. Remember he came with me to the gala..." he tilted his head. "Yeah whatever. Christian, Ethan, Ethan, Christian." They both shook hands.

"Alright let's go to the room then." Ethan informs us as he pulls me by his side and Christian in tow. "So this makeup artist can actually create you a mask that makes you into a whole new fucking person. It's fucking ridiculous."

"Let's hope so." I reply with a forced smile.

He leads us in a room with his name plastered on the door. There were many people in there and including his friends I was guessing, since as soon as he came inside they waved him over. Plus they looked comfortable with their feet on the small table in front of them and Chinese food takeout also stacked on the small table.

Before Ethan made his way to his friends, I pulled him towards me. "Hey Ethan, do you mind if it's just us three and the makeup artists and what not. I don't want to feel stressed."

He smiles but nods. "Yeah sure."

I turn around to face Christian. "I'll explain everything later, okay?"

Christian folded his arms then nodded.

Ethan's friends waved bye to us then left, finally leaving us alone in the spacious room.

"What is it that you want?" The girl in the long rimmed glasses asked. She had raven mixed with purple, hair. She looked exotic.

"I was thinking short jet black hair." I told her then turned to the other lady who was standing there smiling. "And for the face, make me look like a different person please nothing stupid." I smiled at her and she nodded. The girl with glasses started brushing my hair out then grabbed the silver scissors and started cutting my long hair.

My mom loved my long hair. She had said it too many times. She loved it because hers didn't get to grow as long and fast as mine, maybe because it was curly.

I didn't want it a part of me anymore. I wanted to look different. I hated looking at my self. The one who was a fool. The one who couldn't stop pitying herself.

"I'm going to start dying it now." The girl announced.

I nod and let her continue.