The Training

~~~Nico Pov~~~

(Two days later)

"So Nico what do you think of the tower," Tony asked me.

"It's okay," I reply

"What do you mean 'It's okay' it's a freaking tower!"

"It's just too vertical, too big, and too confusing," I clarify.

"Oh, well that makes sense."

"I'm going to go find Tasha."

"Have fun with that," the billionaire replied quickly before going back to his magazine.

I walk around the tower for a while before I figure she's probably at the gym. That just leaves me to find the said gym. I'm walking around for a bit longer before I remember something Tasha said about the AI in the building.

"Hey JARVIS?"

"Yes?"

"Oh, hi, could you tell me where the gym is perhaps?"

"Of course, go to the elevator and go down 3 floors. After the doors open you should see it. It is very open floor plan."

"Thank you," I say walking toward the elevator.

I push the floor I need and wait the couple seconds for the doors to open. Look around and see what JARVIS meant. There aren't really any walls. I look around for Tasha and quickly find her beating up some punching bags.

"Tasha!" I call out, making my way over to her.

"Hey, Nico, what's up?" she says putting one hand on top of the punching bag and turning to look at me.

"Not much, I just needed to get away from Tony for a bit."

"Well, you came to the right place. Want me to teach you some moves?"

"Yeah, actually, that'd be great. I can handle myself with a weapon, but I'm not the best when it comes to hand to hand combat."

She leads me over to a mat on one of the other sides of the room, "Before we start you might want to change into some cooler."

I look down at my converse, black skinny jeans, and skull t-shirt, "no thanks, this is what I usually fight in."

"This isn't your usual fighting though this is hand to hand combat with a Russian assassin turned avenger."

"Maybe if we do it again sometime."

"Okay, your loss."

She immediately starts telling me how to block a punch and I quickly progressed to learning how to flip someone over my shoulder.

"You're a quick study," Tasha says after about two hours of training.

"I've had my fair share of training."

She laughs, "Well, I think we both need a shower before lunch, but I'll see you then," she says stepping out of the elevator and onto the floor our rooms are on.

---Time skip---Lunch

After I've showered and changed a make my way down to the kitchen to see what we're having for Lunch.

"Hey, Nico, where'd you go off to this morning?" Steve asks.

"The gym."

"Oh, wait what were you doing in the gym?"

"Tasha was teaching me how to defend myself," I word this part carefully and figure 'defend myself' is the best way to keep them from stopping Tasha from training me.

"I'm kind of surprised that you don't already know how to," Bruce chimes in.

"I do, just not in hand to hand combat. And if you didn't notice that's kind of Tasha's forte," I explained.

"Makes sense, but if you don't know hand to hand combat how do you defend yourself?" Clint asks.

"A sword," I say nonchalantly.

"A sword?" Steve echoes.

"Yes, a sword," I repeat.

"Are you any good with the said sword?" Clint asks.

"I'd say so," I say, "wait, where'd Thor go?"

"He had to go back to Asgard a little while ago, some godly business," Bruce answers.

"Alright, then," I say wrapping up the conversation.

"Yeah," Steve answers, "Nico why don't you show me some of your sword skills some time?"

"Sure, I guess," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Hey, guys," Tasha says entering the kitchen. She has her hair tied up again, probably because it's wet.

"Hey Tasha," I respond.

"So, Natasha we heard you are teaching Nico hand to hand combat," Steve remarks.

"Yeah, and let me tell you, he's a really quick study," she comments smiling.

"Those are always the best to teach," Clint says coming to sit down with sandwiches.

"They are aren't they," Tasha agrees while reaching for a sandwich.