The Goodbyes

~~~Nico Pov~~~

I had finished packing and was about to go put my bag by Thalia's tree before I went to say goodbye to everyone when I heard a knock on my door.

"It's open," I shouted. Leo opened the door and his eyes went wide when he saw my bags.

"You're leaving," Leo said trying not to show the hurt in his voice, "Again?"

"Yeah, I was about to come say goodbye," I said trying not to let my eyes water, "Chiron is making me. Or I guess my Godmother is making me. I don't really want to go."

"Oh, wait, Godmother?" Leo asked confused.

"Yeah it's a long story and I don't even know it all yet. All I know is that I have to be at Thalia's tree in 10 minutes."

"Okay, well, you should go say goodbye to everyone. I'll take your bag up for you."

"Thanks," I said, "Don't have too much fun without me."

"You got it, Nico." Leo walked over and took my bag. He then walked out of the cabin with me following closely behind.

I found Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, Frank, and Hazel all by the lake. I walked over.

"Hey Nico," Annabeth said as I got closer, "What's up? You never come near the lake."

"I'm leaving," That was all I said.

"What?" Hazel stood up and came over to me. She pulled me over and sat me down with them. "Nico, what do you mean you're leaving?" Her eyes were starting to water.

"I have to go live with some godmother I never knew, but my mom apparently gave custody of me and Bianca to before she died." I said, "I don't know when I'll be back."

At this point Hazel and Piper were in tears, Frank and Jason were clearly upset, and Percy and Annabeth were silent. No one said anything.

"Hold on," Annabeth said, "Wouldn't anyone your mom made your godmother be at least 100 if not older."

"Apparently her aging was altered by someone. Chiron didn't tell me much."

"And you don't have a choice?" Percy said quietly.

"No." After I said that everyone stood and starting giving me a hug one by one. I didn't oppose. Not now that I was leaving. The order was, Piper, Frank, Jason, Annabeth, Percy, and then Hazel. We hugged for a bit longer since she was my sister.

"I love you," I whispered into my sister's ear.

"I love you too," we pulled apart.

"I should go I still have to say goodbye to someone and I have to be at Thalia's tree in 5 minutes."

"Okay, have fun Nico," Jason said.

"Bye guys." I turned walked away, Leaving my friends and sister. I start looking for the only person I hadn't said goodbye to yet and the one I was most dreading, Will.

I found him sitting on the ground watching some kids do archery, "Hey, Will." He turned to look at me.

"Hey, Nico," Will said smiling, "what's wrong," His smile disappeared and was replaced by a look of concern.

"I have to lea-." I didn't get to finish what I was saying because if I did I knew that I was going to cry. Luckily Will got the message anyway.

"I don't understand. Why do you have to leave?"

"I have to go live with a godmother that I don't know, but my mom gave her custody of me and Bianca before she died, so I don't have a choice. I don't know when I'll be back." Will pulled me down next to him and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay Neeks."

"I don't want to go."

"It'll be fine Nico," he said letting go of me and looking me in the eyes, "and if it's not I will go to wherever you are and pull you back here with me."

"Okay," I said a small smile on my face, "I should go. I have to be at Thalia's tree in about a minute."

"Okay, but first," He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, "I'll walk you up."

We stood up and headed to Thalia's tree. My hand in his.