Chapter 21: Look At Me

...my feelings of pain and loneliness.

[3rd POV]

"Shit. She could easily make another hidden mist technique and blacked out my shadow imitation technique." Shikamaru analyzed.

"Shikamaru. You still have me. We won't lose." Temari hold his hand.

"Did you see what she did with your wind technique? She used it as an advantage to her Ice Release!"

"Hn. Are you underestimating me, Shikamaru?" She stood up.

Y/N has made an armor out of ice. This caught their attention as cold breeze from her armor spread around the place. "Troublesome woman." Shikamaru complained.

Temari, once again, opened her massive fan and attacked. "As if an armor would protect you!" She screamed.

The armor was easily torn into pieces but Y/N controlled the ice pieces back to her. She was quick swung her fan in front of them to keep them from getting injuries.

With Y/N running out of chakra, she shifted back to being human. And, that split transformation was noticed by Shikamaru.

He knew she don't last as a wolf. He had calculated that she won't be transforming back into that.

Temari continued to defend the two of them as Y/N countlessly shot ice arrows at them. "Ice Style: Ice Arrow jutsu!" She was sprinting swiftly around them.

"Tch. This will never end." Temari complained as she shield them behind her fan.

"Temari." Shikamaru called.

"What?" She asked in a pissed off tone.

"She won't be transforming into a wolf for a couple of minutes. She's running out of chakra." He told her. "Those guys, Deidara and that orange masked guy, their cocoon shield is slowly breaking and she knows she won't win against us. I know her." He trailed off.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Their goal is tailed beasts and none of us are jinchuurikis. Their only options are to avoid us..."

"Or to fight us with a reason behind it." She finishes his sentence. The pineapple genius nodded.

Y/N stopped on her tracks as soon as she heard the question. "What do you want from us, Y/N?" Shikamaru's hazel colored eyes she loved glared at her.

Her iced bow and arrow dispersed into tiny pieces as she stared back at the genius. "I wanted you to realize my feelings, Shikamaru-kun. I want you to see me. Look at me."

"And, I found a way for that."

"A way?" Shikamaru asked as memories flooded his brain. The first time they met as enemies, she was only looking at them as they got defeated by Hidan.

The second time, she told him she was his darkness.

And now, she was fighting him.

"I see. You'd rather make me look at you with hatred at what you did than to not look at you at all." He revealed.

"At least, you are looking at me." She smiled.

"Ridiculous." Temari retorted. "I'm finishing this. Great Sickle Technique!"

"Ice Style: Glacier Storm jutsu!" Y/N started spinning her body like how you would see the Eight Trigrams Palms Revolving Heaven. The only difference was that, shards of ice were coming out of her spin in different places.

Temari put her fan in defence with the stars of her fan facing her. A few ices went pass through their shield and actually wounded them.

Once her attack settled down, "You could've done something better than this, Y/N!" She shouted. "But you chose this path. Summoning technique: Quick Beheading Dance!"

She wiped blood from her fan and swung it. Y/N shielded the impact in front of her but she was too late to shield her whole whole surrounding.

Hundreds of slashing coming from a small weasel who was riding through the wind gashed all over Y/N. "AAARGHH!"

Deidara's ice cocoon shattered into million pieces and raced towards Y/N. "Y/N!!" He called.

"Oh no, you're not getting away from there." Shikamaru aimed at Deidara, who was unaware of the jutsu Shikamaru was going to use.

Y/N saw this and dashed all the way from her position to Deidara. "Look out!!"

————
I'm sorry I had to cut this short! It's to make things more interesting!

Anyways, there are only 4 chapters left after this. Aw how sad. :((

Hope you liked this tho!

Reirin xx