Chapter 12: Last Chance

A/N: the pic is just a visual of the place.

[3rd POV]

Clouds floated at the bright blue sky and beneath that relaxing weather, She was seating on a table-like wood under a shed. And, beside her was, "Shikamaru." She called.

"Hmm?" He answered lazily, he was lying on his back with his arms behind his head, serving as a pillow.

"How come I never knew this place?"

Because I never take you here."

She scoffed. "So, is this some kind of secret place?"

"Not really, but yeah. I like the view of the clouds here. You can see it clearly."

Upon hearing that it is quite a secret place, she felt special. She might just be one of those few people who knew this place.

And, it is a great place.

Shikamaru called. But there was something wrong with his voice.

"Shikamaru?"

Her view started to ripple and soon, she felt someone shook her.

[Y/N's POV]

"Y/N. Wake up." A voice of a woman interrupted my dream.

I groaned. "A few more minutes, please."

"I can tell you're having a good dream but I need you some help with my chores." Said the woman.

I sat up. "Y-Yoshino-san!" A blush crept into my cheeks as I exclaimed.

She stood up from the corner of my bed and said, "you were murmuring Shikamaru's name in your sleep. I didn't want to wake you up but I need to." She giggled.

Blush covered my face out of embarrassment. 3rd day of being grounded and I can tell I wouldn't survive this.

I groaned. I stood up from my bed and changed clothes. I proceeded to help Yoshino-san with the chores.

"So," she started. "What was the dream about?" She asked with a hint of excitement.

"I-It was more of a memory than a dream, though..." I quietly said.

"Which memory?"

"The first time he took me to that rooftop with a nice clear view of the clouds." I trailed off. There was something wrong with my dream, I realized.

It wasn't me who was with him in there. It was someone else with me looking at them from afar.

"Y/N?" Yoshino-san called.

I startled. "Huh!? Oh. Ah. What is it?"

"Are you okay? You spaced out." She said, reaching her hand on my shoulder.

You nodded. "Yeah, I'm okay." I smiled forcefully.

It should be me. It should be me beside him that time. Not her or anyone at all.

And yet, why?

"Yoshino-san..." I called.

"Yes, dear?"

"You must've known about my condition, right? On why I am staying in this house."

She nodded. "Did they...did they ever told what could be the reason on why, you know?"

She shrugged her head. "Not at all. They don't really tell me the full details. Why?"

"I think, it may have something to do with Shikamaru-kun. I do remember what happened to me that time but it's starting to become all fuzzy in my head."