42

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening for dancing, cocktails, and celebration," she read aloud. She turned the card over and saw an additional message.

It read, "Save me a dance. Fondly, Klaus."

~~~

After a very strange meeting with Esther Mikaelson, Beth went home. After about an hour, the strawberry blonde decided to get ready for the ball. After showering, she pulled her hair up and did her makeup. She went for a fairly natural look but went with a bold red lip. After doing her makeup, she blowdried her hair. She made a braided crown and left two wavy strands of hair to frame her face. And with that, she slipped into her new red dress and sprayed her signature strawberry, vanilla, bourbon scent behind her ears, on the lower sides of her neck, and her chest. She finally slid on her nude heels under the dress and she was ready to head to the ball.

~~~

As Beth walked into the Mikaelson Mansion, people turned to see who had entered the party this time. They smiled at the beautiful girl and she of course smiled back.

Klaus who had been across the room saw as people turned their heads and did the same. He stood breathless as he made eye contact with Beth Midnight. After a second of admiring her beauty, he smiled and walked towards the girl.

"You look absolutely ravishing," Klaus said before placing a kiss on her hand.

"Thank you and thank you for the dress. It's gorgeous."

"And yet, it doesn't compare to how gorgeous you are."

Beth simply chuckled at his compliment before changing the subject. "I came by earlier today."

"So I heard. What was the visit for?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I had just gotten back and I wanted to see you."

"Of course, you did. You couldn't stay away," he smirked.

"Right. Well your family seems to be gathering up there so you should probably join them."

"Don't miss me too much," the hybrid smirked before heading to the staircase where his family stood.

"If everyone would gather, please," Elijah spoke. "Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

Klaus approached Beth once more and offered his hand. Beth smiled before placing her hand over his and allowing him to lead her to the ballroom.

Seconds later, the ballroom is filled with couples as the waltz begins.

"You're quite the dancer, love."

"You're pretty good too."

"Pretty good? I've been dancing this waltz for centuries and that's all I can get?"

"You could improve," Beth said jokingly.

"You will not find a better dancer than me"

"Let's agree to disagree," she smiled.

"I'm glad you're feeling better."

"I just needed a breather. I got it so I'm good."

"It won't help if you continue doing the same thing."

"What's that?"

"Caring more for others than yourself."

"There's nothing wrong about taking care of others."

"There is if you sacrifice your own well being, your own happiness for them."

"Helping them does make me happy, Klaus. It's who I am."

"You're 17. You haven't been farther than Georgia. You don't know who you are, Beth," Klaus stated.

"I know that I'm young but I've been through enough to know who I am," she said before Klaus spun her and she landed in the arms of another.

"Clarke. I haven't talked to you in a while," Beth smiled.

"I mean, we got some coffee together after homecoming and you've been avoiding me since then so yeah it's been a while," he chuckled.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been a little busy. I'm sorry. I should have called."

"It's okay. I get it. There's always something going on in Mystic Falls and didn't you just get back from a trip?"

"I did but still I should have gave some warning."

"You can make it up to me. Let's get some food this time. Dinner, maybe?"

"I don't know, Clarke."

"Lunch then?"

Beth chuckled, "Okay, yeah. We can get lunch. Just tell me when."

"I will call but will you answer?"

"Yes I will answer," she laughed.

"Thank you," Clarke smiled.

"Thank you for forgiving me."

~~~

Next Time on Pure Happiness

"You like him?"

~~~

Author's Note

It's been forever and I'm sure that's not how any of you wanted the chapter to go but I went there. I realize I never mentioned the coffee date with Beth but it was very short and friendly so don't question it 😂. I hope you guys liked it anyway. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Much love,

Natalie♡