50

Previously on Pure Happiness

"He got inside my head. Found out about the white oak," she explained.

~~~

Abby had left again. Once again, Bonnie's mom had exited her life. She said it was for Bonnie's sake so she wouldn't hurt her. Beth could understand Abby's fear after what happened with Jaime. What she couldn't understand was how you could leave Bonnie.

As she rolled out of bed, Beth attempted to call Bonnie, but none of the calls were answered. She figured Bonnie needed space, so she put her phone down.

After all, it hadn't even been Bonnie to tell her about Abby. Caroline had been the one to tell her because she had been there. She tried to convince her to stay, but ultimately, it didn't work.

Beth woke with a sucken feeling in her stomach, and the whispers in her head were louder than ever. There were so many different whispers talking over each other. Too many to understand.

She tried to ignore it as best she could as she got ready for her day. It was nothing new to her.

It was almost her birthday. She would be 18. And to most, birthdays are a good thing, a fun thing. Not to her. She had been dreading her birthday since she was told her aging would stop sometime at 17 to 20, and it would likely be on a birthday.

She had been checking on the scar on her right thigh every single day since she was told it would disappear. It could happen at any time. She sighed in relief every time she still saw it. Today was no different.

She tried to focus on the whispers to understand them. Mikaelsons. White Oak. It was all she could make out.

She found it strange she was hearing about the White Oak... Unless it hadn't been destroyed.

She shook her head, could that be possible? If there was more, Damon would be the one to know, and there was no way he would tell her. She figured there would be no harm in trying, so she picked up her phone and called him.

"What's up, Sunshine," Damon greeted.

"Are you at Alaric's right now?" She asked.

"Yep. Why?"

"Well, how is he? Can I go see him?"

"Uhh no. He's good. No murderer Ric yet, but you can't come."

"Why not? Any news? Anything I can help with?"

"No. Same old. Same old. He's just on lockdown right now. No visitors."

"Well, say hi to him for me."

"Will do. Bye, sunshine. Someone's at the door," Damon said and hung up.

He was hiding something, but could it really be about the White Oak? She sighed and fell back onto her bed. She wanted nothing more than to just stay in bed and believe there was nothing to worry about.

But that wasn't her life, and she was reminded of that after a few minutes as she heard her phone ring.

"Hello," she asked without even checking who called.