|Sleeping~04|

|•••|

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

|•••|

The bonfire had ended and the glasses of Gally's secret recipe were emptied. Newt had finished his entire glass and was just the tiniest bit sluggish, but at least he could still think straight. 

I watched as all of the boys walked off towards a large group of hammocks, and I headed that way, until Newt stopped me.

"Hold up, Greenie. With the stunt Aaron pulled today, we don't trust any of those shanks with you alone, so you're coming with me," Newt told me. I nodded, following him into the homestead.

"Do I get my own room?" I asked.

"Sorta..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously as he led me into a room. It was just like the med-jack room, except a tiny bit bigger. There was one bed that was messily made, a cabinet that was closed, a bedside table with a bottle of water and a lamp on it, and a pillow with a few blankets in the floor next to the bed. There was also a small wooden box in the corner with a 'C' carved onto the top of it. "We have to share my room."

"Oh," I looked around the room, awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'm the only one Alby trusts with you and he's not about to give up half of his room, so...we're roommates now," Newt shrugged. "That box came with, saying it was for you, so go ahead and look," Newt pointed at the box with the 'C' on it.

I walked over to the corner and opened up the box, staring inside. Inside, there were a few pairs of clothing, along with some sweatpants and a tank top for sleeping. I dug to the bottom of the box to find one smaller box on the very bottom. Looking inside, I found a letter with my name written on it in handwriting that looked like someone practiced for hours just to write my name in cursive. Underneath the letter was a necklace. It was a simple silver chain, but that charm on the bottom was a tiny piece of circular, chipped wood with a 'N' carved into it.

"Everything okay, Carina?" Newt asked.

"Yep," I nodded, closing the smaller box and taking out the sweat pants and tank top, closing the bigger box. I turned back around to see that Newt had changed behind my back. He was also in sweatpants and a black t-shirt that hugged his chest. "Can you...uh...turn around?" I motioned to the change of clothes in my hand. He turned, a tint of an embarrassed blush on his face.

Once I had changed, I let Newt turn back around as I threw my other clothes into my box. Newt laid down on the blankets on the floor as I stared at him.

"You can't sleep on the floor. This is your bed," I crossed my arms.

"You can't sleep on the floor, either," Newt shook his head.

"Well I'm not letting you sleep on the floor," I glared at him playfully.

"Well I'm not letting you sleep on the floor," he mimicked my expression. After a long moment of glaring, Newt let out a long sigh. "Okay, how about...we both sleep in the bed?" I stared at the bed, which wasn't big by any means. It was meant for one person to sleep roomily and that was it. Two people would have to be pressed up against each other. "Or not. You can just-"

"That's a good idea," I told him with a slight nod. "Yeah, that'll work."

"Okay," Newt nodded, standing up. He laid down on the right side of the bed, scooting to the very edge and patting the left side of the bed for me. I laid down on the small, yet comfortable, bed. My arms were sprawled out awkwardly beside me, as were Newt's. He grunted as he tried to find a comfortable position. I did the same, shifting on the bed. Finally Newt gave up. "Do you mind if-" I knew what he was asking.

"No, I don't mind," I told him. I could feel him nod as he, reluctantly, wrapped his arms around me and I pressed my back up against his chest.

Soon, I drifted off to sleep as I felt Newt wrap his arms around me a little tighter than he needed too.