|Blonde~01|

|•••|

|•••|

I jolted up into a sitting position, panicking as my eyes hit only darkness. A dim red light illuminated the area and it was completely silent other than metal scraping against metal. I ran my hands on the cool surface I was laying on. I stood up, running my hand up the wall and onto the ceiling. I was stuck in a metal cage. Shuffling to the corner, my foot hit a box. I ignored the box as I walked to the middle of the cage, starting to panic. The box started rushing up and the sound of wind filled my ears.

"Help me!" I screamed as I pounded on the ceiling. "Please help!" The box stopped moving suddenly and gravity threw my body to the ground. I stayed on the ground, resting my back up against a wall.

I sat there for what felt like days, but it couldn't have been more than an hour. I spent most of my time trying to figure out who I am and where I was. I was ripped away from my thoughts when the sound of latches unlocking echoed through the box. Metal scraped against metal as the top of the box opened, letting sunlight stream into my cage. I shielded my eyes with my hand, squinting against the sunlight. A sudden thump vibrated through the cage as a body jumped into it.

"Hey greenie-" the male voice cut off once I took my hand away from my face. "Bloody hell," the voice mumbled. I was finally able to see enough to look at the body of the voice. He was a boy with dirty blond hair. He was skinny, yet still had muscles that were clearly shown through his tight shirt. His eyes were chocolate brown. "C'mon greenie." He held out his hand to me and flashed a slight smile. I ignored his hand as I stood up, never taking my eyes off of him. A rope was tossed into the box, hanging off the side, with a foot hole tied on the bottom.

I walked over to the rope and stuck my foot in the hole, holding onto it. "Bring 'em up," the boy shouted to the group above. I was thrown into the air by the rope. As I got the ground, I was surrounded by a group of boys. They stared at me as if I was an alien. I scampered backwards in fear of the group surrounding me.

"Is that a girl?"

"She's hot!"

"I call dibs!"

"Who says you get 'er, shuckface?"

"I did, ya shank."

"Calm down boys!" The blonde from the box ran in front of me, acting as a protective barrier between me and the group. I stood up, scowling at the teenage boys. They stared at me as if I was a piece of meat and they were dogs. The stares that trailed my body made me uncomfortable as I hid behind the blonde boy.

"Meeting in the homestead! Keepers only!" A leader type figure yelled out to the group. Multiple boys walked off with the leader as the blonde boy turned to me.

"Clint! Jeff!" He yelled. Two skinny boys came out of the crowd, standing at my sides.

"Go with them. They'll fix up your head," the blonde told me. I looked at him, confused, before I lifted my fingers to my head to feel a warm liquid on my finger tips. I looked at my fingers, confirming that my temple was bleeding. My head hadn't started throbbing until I touched it, suddenly making me dizzy.

I turned to go with the two boys when I felt a hand grab my butt. Without hesitation, I turned and punched the guy in the face. He fell to the ground, his nose bleeding. He yelled in pain, all of the boys looking down at his squirming body.

"What the bloody hell happened?" The blonde ran back to find out what all of the commotion was about.

"That shank punched me!" The boy on the ground screamed and pointed at me. One of the boys beside me went up to Newt and whispered in his ear, probably explaining why I had punched him. Newt nodded.

"George, throw this one in the slammer," Newt pointed at the boy I had punched. I felt a grip on my shoulder as the boy that had whispered to the blonde came up to me and turned me around.

"Hey. My name is Clint," the boy introduced himself before pointing to the boy next to him. "And this is Jeff. We're medjacks." I didn't have a chance to ask what a medjack was before they showed me over to a badly built, wooden building.

They brought me up the stairs of the building as we passed the group of boys having their meeting. They brought me up to one of the many rooms in the upstairs. It was small. It had a singular bed, a cabinet, a chair beside the bed, and a bed side table. Clint had me sit down on the bed as he gave me a pain killer to swallow, which I did. They then took some towels and started wiping away the blood. They cleaned the hair the blood had stained and made sure the wound stopped bleeding enough so that I didn't need a bandage wrapped around my head. They gave me some medication to swallow if I had pain for the next few days, which I took gladly.

I blonde boy showed up just as they finished cleaning my wound. He looked slightly nervous. "C'mon greenie. I'm gonna show you around."