IV

Broken is the innocence you held onto.

Dawn didn't wake her stress-riddled body. What woke her was the covers being torn away from her. Lexi was swift as she lashed out and rolled off the other side of the bed. The light thud of her hitting her feet was the only sound that didn't register. A groan and a low chuckle made the hair rise on the back of her neck. Lexi dropped and rolled under the bed.

"Why'd he send us to do this?" Grassy fields. Grumbling. Morning exhaustion.

One of the twins was in here. Lexi could only assume the other was here as well. She had not yet seen one without the other.

This is not home, she had to remind herself.

"Where'd she—" Lexi rolled out from under the bed and straight into one of their shoes. He stepped back and reached a hand out to her. Refusing his help, she got up on her own accord.

His hazel eyes were warm with laughter as he stared down at her. His chin covered in a goatee unlike the other brother who stood a ways behind him with a full beard. The man with a full beard did not look as humored as the one in front of her.

"I'm Jasper and that's Dean," goatee introduced.

"Lexi...Why did you wake me up?" Instant. Anxious. Curious.

Pant-less.

That small detail hit her a second too late, but she tried not to let it phase her. These guys had woken her and while she wasn't a die-hard sleepaholic. She knew she didn't look great after falling asleep while crying, and there was the fact she wasn't wearing pants.

"Theo wants you in training in fifteen," Dean informed grumpily.

Lexi nodded slightly, "I suppose I'd need to get ready then, huh."

Jasper took that second to look her over, "Nah, I think Theo would get a kick out of this."

Lexi shoved past them both to the only door that was closed now out of the two she had noticed last night. After making sure the door was securely locked behind her, she took a second to note it was a small bathroom with a claw-foot tub that doubled as the shower, a toilet beside the empty counter space, and a sink. There wasn't much going on. Everything was porcelain from the tiles to the tub to the toilet to the sink. The countertop was a pewter granite and the walls were a dark blue to match the rugs. Simple enough really, and she liked it okay.

She searched the drawers for anything to tie her hair back and found an unopened brush, unopened rubber bands for her hair, bobby pins, and other cosmetic items she wouldn't have expected. Quickly, she braided her hair back and tied it off before splashing cold water on her face. She used the bottom of her shirt to dry before she walked out into the bedroom and came up empty, so she went to the closet where Jocelyn said a few things would be. And, there were quite a few things, but she went with mid-calf black legging and a black sports bra before lacing up some tennis shoes.

Once she had collected herself, she walked out and to the door that led to the hall. Outside of the door stood the two twins. Jasper was laughing while Dean was grumbling, and she realized then that she must have hit Dean. She knew she wasn't brute strength, but she had put all her body weight into hitting him while in her haze of just waking up, believing it to be an attacker. Lexi kind of believed she had a small right to do so, especially after yesterday's wakeup call and the fact that they helped kidnap her.

"You might want more clothing," Dean grumped.

He had looked her over for the briefest of seconds before turning his head to the side and not looking back. Lexi eyed him before turning her head to glance at Jasper. His eyes were on the floor and he was itching the back of his neck sheepishly.