Chapter One

"Dad, where are you going?"

"I'm sorry son, but I have to go."

"When will I see you again?"

"Soon. I promise."

There walked out my dad with all his luggage. I watched as he put all his suitcases in the trunk of his car. He hopped into the driver's seat, and drove away to who knows where.

I could tell my parents marriage was coming to an end. It was coming to the point where they couldn't tolerate being in the same room as each other. I can't blame them for not wanting to be together. Even though I was only eleven at the time I understood. The only reason they stuck together for so long was because of me.

My mom sat there on the sofa crying hysterically. I went over to hug her, hoping she'd stop crying. I always hated seeing her cry. I put my arms around her waist, and she took her face out of her hands.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Johnny."

"Its fine mom, I love you."

"I love you too."

Ever since that happened everything went down hill. I've barely talked to my dad. He moved across the country to Nevada. Leaving us here in New Jersey. My mom started working longer hours, so I saw her less. Even though it wasn't really necessary for her to work the extra hours.

I missed them. It was hard not seeing either of your parents. I mean it's an advantage when you throw a party or something, but other than that it isn't all that it's made out to be.

Anyways back to the present. Mid-terms are coming up, which means I need to study. Well at least try to study. Usually I just get distracted, and get lost in my thoughts. For once I was concentrating on studying, that was until my mom barged into my room for me to meet her new boyfriend. I have heard about him, they've been together for a few months or so.

I walked downstairs to meet the man. He's not a bad looking man. He could probably be a model if he wanted to. What was he doing with my mom? I mean, I guess my mom was pretty for her age. If I do say so myself.

"Hey, I'm Josiah. Nice to meet you." He says reaching out for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm joh.." I was cut off

"You're Johnny. I've heard a lot about you." He says smiling.

"I hope not bad things." We all laugh. "I'm going to go back to studying." I tell them, as I make my way back to my room.

It's not my moms first boyfriend, since her and my dad had their divorce.

He seemed like a genuine man. Definitely my mom's best looking boyfriend. Not that it matters. It's my mom's boyfriend not mine.

Another thing in my life, that stresses me out more than school, and sucks worse than not seeing my parents as much as I'd like, is being a closeted. I'm bisexual, but it's hard playing the "heterosexual guy" act. It always worries me how my friends and family would react. It's pathetic how afraid I am to "come out."

--

Authors note

Hey so I started another book hope you like it.

Don't forget to follow and vote, it means a lot if you do. Thanks!