Chapter 5

"That's Asgard...?" Raptor slowly made her way to look out the window; going through the Devil's Anus had not gone over well with her stomach. Her eyes widened even more as the golden light from above and blue from below got closer. "It looks amazing..."

"It does." Pietro agreed from beside her. "Hopefully we will take it back."

She glanced back at where Thor was talking with Valkyrie and putting weapons on the ship. "Can't believe we got dragged into this."

"Ditto." Banner spoke up.

Suddenly Thor walked over. "Banner, fly over the castle. I'll draw Hela back there while you help the others on the bridge."

Bruce nodded and everyone fell silent. Asgard looked mystical but now the threat was right in front- rather below- them. Her attention was drawn to a dark figure on a bridge that was almost like a physical rainbow. She began shifting her form enough to increase her eyesight; was that a giant wolf? Raptor was glad she didn't have to face Hela face to face again after her death but that monster didn't look much better.

"Hey, get ready to fight!" Valkyrie ordered them before moving to put what appeared to be an old uniform on.

Raptor glance down at the castle to watch Thor land and begin the walk inside; could he really keep Hela away? "More like can we even win."

She felt Pietro take her hand and lean against her lightly, as if trying to show he was ready to keep her safe if needed. A small smile found its way onto her face at the gesture but she could handle herself once she shifted... at least for a little bit hopefully. Raptor continued to watch as Valkyrie maneuvered over to the makeshift weapon system- really just a large gun they'd sat up to shoot out of the ship since it didn't contain weapons- and gave them an encouraging smile as she prepared to fight.

"Look, on the bridge!" Pietro suddenly turned back to look out the window. "They will all be killed."

"What?" She turned away from Valkyrie to stare down at the rainbow bridge. Below the Asgardians were being chased down by the giant wolf, they were retreating of course, but an army of reanimated warriors was trapping them. "... We need to get down there! Bruce, can you fly us closer?"

"I'll shoot it down." Valkyrie took aim and began pelleting the black furred wolf in the head. "...This stupid dog won't die!"

She was right. It just looked annoyed from the attack, as if the bullets had been mere flies bumping into it. Raptor felt cold fear building inside her. What if she died here? Would she be forced to fight as an undead warrior by Hela or would she just be trapped in that nightmarish world the goddess ruled over?

The ship got closer before Banner stood up and moved over to the open floor. He looked up at Valkyrie with an amused smile. "You wanted to know why I seem familiar, watch this."

Raptor hurried over to watch him fall out... then land on the ground in front of the wolf without getting back up. "Uh... I don't think he meant to do that."

"Why did he not change?" Pietro looked down in confusion, which almost humorously matched Fenrir's.

"We'll try figuring that out later, let's go before that thing eats him or something." Raptor could already feel her bones shifting and changing as she prepared to jump. "Hold onto me. Your speed won't save you from Banner's landing."

"Are you all crazy?" Valkyrie shouted at them.

"Well... we did let Loki drag us into this." She shrugged. "But you'll see what we can do. Just keep cutting down the army."

With that she waited just long enough for Pietro to grab onto her back before jumping out. The wind rushed by her and her heart rate was rushing so fast she could feel it pulsing despite the wind pushing against her. Despite that however she continued to let herself shift until she was no longer human; just in time too. Her long claws sank into the matted black fur upon landing on Fenrir's back. The fenris wolf gave an enraged growl and its giant head whipped around, large white canines snapping shut inches from her face. Raptor snarled back before taking the chance to spin around and jump down to the ground.

A golden eyed man met them and Quicksilver slid to the ground. "We are friends of Thor here to help."

"I am Heimdall, the guardian of the Bifrost. We are grateful for your aid."

Raptor gave a huff of acknowledgement before turning and growling as Fenrir began charging again. For a moment she thought they were going to be trampled and eaten alive before the wolf was suddenly stopped in its tracks and jerked back. Relief went through her when she followed the fenris wolf's angered gaze and saw Hulk standing up and roaring in challenge. Perhaps they could win after all if Hulk had been strong enough to stop a giant beast in its tracks like that.

There wasn't long to think about that however. Hela's undead army was beginning to sweep through the Asgardians; killing them or engaging in battle against the ones who lived the first attack. Raptor gave a shriek before jumping into the fray and ripping into their mummified, rotten flesh. A blur occasionally went past her vision to indicate Quicksilver's location in the mess of bodies. At one point she swore she heard shouting, and there was definitely a new ship on the side of the bridge, along with strange alien warriors akin to the kind from Sakaar.

"Make a path for them to get to the ship." Loki's voice startled her and Raptor gave a loud hiss as a jagged sword went past her defense and left a gash in her side.

She turned her amber eyes to glare at him, swatting the enemy away with her tail as she growled at the trickster. "Finally trying to get me killed I see."

A smirk crossed his face as he slashed and stabbed at more of the green eyed enemies. "If I wanted you dead... You would be."

Her eyes narrowed to slits for a few seconds before she finally ran off to begin clearing a path. Loki wasn't one to be trusted but at least for now he wasn't betraying them... probably because his own life was on the line. Raptor made another lunge to defend a scared group of defenseless Asgardians from Hela's minions before noticing a shadow block out the light seconds later. Glancing up, she saw the dripping maw of Fenris bearing down on her. She would've ran if the thick, warm saliva hadn't sent her crashing to the ground and moments later the ground was gone and sharp blood stained teeth were biting down into her body.

Raptor gave a screech and clawed feebly at the gums and muzzle of her attacker; bones cracked in her ribs like toothpicks before she finally came up with a solution. She felt her broken bones protest but her human form slid out from between the large teeth with ease and Raptor dropped to the ground. Blood covered her and continued to cover the bridge but at least Hulk had returned to finally drag Fenris off the bridge; hopefully killing the beast once and for all... To think. Loki and some giant gave birth to that! What was wrong with gods and their weird children?

She shuddered, knowing she should stand up and find help, and slowly closed her eyes. "If I live... I'm killing Loki for-or bringing m-me back.... into this messed u-up life..."