(28) Stay Omega Stay

Start from the beginning

"You are my daughter, and as much as it kills me," he looked down at the paper with a weary face. "I, unfortunately, have to inform you that you'll be killed."

"Can you please hear me out?" I asked, hoping to not let my father have my blood on his hands. "Maybe I can get myself out of this.:

"What could you possibly say to fix this Penelope?"

"What if I said it was an accident?" I inquired, reaching over the desk to rest my elbows. The silver burned, but I did my best to ignore any pain I had.

"Half the pack is a witness to the drowning of Clayton." My father clenched his fists, a muscle in his jaw bulging out. "There is no way to clear your name."

"Insanity," I told him, tears welling in my eyes. "Insanity is justifiable, and..."

"You're not insane Penelope, you've just been through a lot."

"You're wrong." I snapped, my eyes turning into slits as my blood began to boil. "I see things that aren't there, faces that are dead, and I can't figure out what is real and what is not."

My dad was silent as his eyes seemed to soften and his true character had shown through. He looked sad, almost as if he had failed. He didn't want to believe what that I was insane, that all my time of suffering had caused this. I could see how much he blamed himself. I could see it in his eyes. The time I had kidnapped as a baby to now had created the worst thing possible for me. The one thing that he probably thought would never happen.

"This could change everything, Penelope." He groaned, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Why did you run in the first place, this could've been sorted out without the time between. Why didn't you even say anything?"

"I did what mom would do," I said quietly, but I knew he could hear me. "She ran when she got scared, Oliver told me that."

"Celia would run, but she knew it was always better to stay." My father got up and turned to the guards. "Arrange a meeting with my most trusted members so I can discuss with them."

"Of course Alpha Cooper." The guard said, leaving the room.

«»

"And before I even realized my brother was in the water he was already dead." I ended my statement with the many eyes in front of me.

"And this is all true?" My Uncle Adam asked, turning towards my father. "Cooper I don't know about this, the pack won't listen."

"They'll have to listen he's their Alpha." My mother stood up from her seat next to my dad as she shouted at him from across the room.

"Cooper, Celia, Adam," My grandfather Patrick boomed, standing up and look at everyone in the room. "Control yourselves and your feelings. Discuss this properly or I'll control this trial."

"We are." My father scowled at his father and looked towards me again. "Do you have anything else to say?"

"No." I looked down at my hands. "Just that I'm sorry for killing my brother. I know he wouldn't want me to be killed if he knew the truth."

I turned my head to see my brother Clayton with his arms crossed over his chest, his lips a blue color. I knew he was dead, though every time I saw him my heart skipped a beat. Perhaps it was because I wanted him alive and with his family. Maybe it was as though I felt like I deserved to be dead and he alive.

"Well he isn't here now is he?" I looked over at my cousin Shaw who was scowling at me, his face turning red with anger. "Our Alpha-to-be was killed because of you and now I won't be Beta until Felix is old enough to grant me that."