(4) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 4.

                There was an agonizing silence, and I could hear my ears ringing at the deafness of the room. No one moved a muscle after their sudden confession, especially my mother. She particularly was frozen in shock, her mouth agape and eyes wide. The entire pack looked at their leaders, waiting for them to do something. It must be surprising to see the people they look up to completely dumbfounded.

                My father finally turned to look at my mother, his aquamarine eyes glistening at her with patience. He knew her, and he knew her reactions to things, so I understood what he was doing. If she did anything, he was going to accept whatever decision she had planned. He was going to be the anchor she needed, and I had a new sense of pride for my dad even more.

                I had to take a step back and away from Fia and Sal, my mind trying to register how these people are my grandparents. It was hard to put this together that while Fia was very open, Sal was more reserved. I pictured my mother was a lot like her dad, but perhaps Logan was a lot like Fia. Do they even know that their son is dead?

                My mother's face turned hard in an instant, her eyes hardening and her mouth flattening. Those violet orbs she possessed seemed to darken, and the sparkle in them was long go. Her abnormally white hair seemed to sense the tension and dulled profoundly. It shocked me, but no one seemed fazed by her angered structure.

                "Explain." She hissed, and I jumped at her reptilian tone. Lucian must've noticed because he was by my side in the blink of an eye.

                "I don't know where to begin." Fia's eyes were pooling with tears, and I almost felt bad for her. She was placed in almost the exact position I was placed in a couple days ago, but her reunion was obviously a lot worse than what she had hoped.

                "How about where you left me on a cruel man's doorstep." My dad growled at my mom's words, and it was clear the subject was very sensitive for both of them, especially him.

                Fia sighed before brushing her tears away and looked at all of us with a look of determination. "It all started when I met your father Sal in Italy..." I felt like a door was being open, and my conscious was being dragged into some sort of memory.

                I love him. I love my newly found mate, and I can't wait to grow older and die with him. I want to have many children with him, and watch as they find the same kind of love we share. Sal is everything I've ever dreamed of having, and it's impossible to think of life without him.

                I was walking home, my parents had warned me to be home on time for supper. Sal and I didn't have our own house yet, and both of us still lived at our parents' house. We will be graduating high school soon, and he promised to get me a beautiful cabin high up in the mountains when we were older. But for right now, I lived on a busy suburban street in an average sized house, as a waitress in a coffee shop just down the corner.

                I heard my name being called, and turned around to see Sal waving his arms in the air with that goofy grin he always had on his face. He was across the street, his body occasionally being covered by the zooming cars on the street. I laughed when he looked both ways before casually walking across. His hands were in his pockets now, and he was grinning slyly at me.

                Before I knew what was happening, a car drifted across the corner where my house was, knocked over my own mailbox and came barreling to where Sal stood. I tried to call out to him to move over, but still in his love struck daze, he didn't notice it coming. I squealed as his body went over the car, his head smashing into the windshield along the way before collapsing to the floor.