(18) Stay Omega Stay

Chapter 18.

Lonely. That's how I felt as I sat in the living room back at the pack house. I sat down on the couch, still in my funeral dress, and just stared off. There was no chatter, and it was extremely quiet. Everyone was wandering around the room like lost souls, and I guess they kind of were. It was so different without Sage's bright light.

My brother Clayton walked over to me hand in hand with London. Him watching her from the corner of his eye as she wobbled a little bit. Now that he was back, he was very overprotective of her and the baby. However, he still showed a flicker of concern when he sat next to me and released his hold on his mate.

He wrapped his muscular arms around me, clearly needing the comfort and vise versa. I rested my head on his shoulder and placed my small arms on his forearms in an awkward backward hug. A tear fell from my left eyes and down to his shirt where it left a small oval stain. He sighed, removing me from his embrace but still holding me at arms lengths.

"I can't imagine what dad is going through." He turned to look at my father where he stood staring blankely at the christmas tree, a red ribboned gift in his hand. His back was to us, and my mother was beside him clutching his hand tightly.

"Sage was his youngest sister." I recalled. "Everyone would think she would be the last to go."

"Losing her reminded me all over again in the dark days when you weren't here." He sighed rubbing his thumbs against the tops of my shoulders. "I thought things would be better with you here but-"

"I want to fix this, it's my fault she's after me in the first place." I shook my head and hung it in guilt. "We're fighting a losing battle, this is something that was always meant to be."

"I don't believe that." He shook his head. "We're all Alpha's in this family, and all Alpha's should think positive about any situation otherwise we're bound to lose."

"Ayana is generations old, for heavens sake Fia and Sal knew her when they were younger."I whispered looking over and Fia and Sal, who were looking at their daughter with concern. "How are we going to beat her?"

"I don't know, but we'll have to try as best as we can." He released me and looked at his watch. "Right around now we would open Christmas, the least we can do is enjoy the Christmas I've always wanted to have with my baby sister."

"I'd like that." I turned around at the voice to see my brother Rylan appearing behind me with Kory cooly behind him, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"It would give us the little cheer that we need." I turned to see Lilura giving me an encouraging smile, Oliver looking depressingly at her.

"This may be a day of sadness, but I think we should still celebrate the holiday of new beginnings, joy, and peace." My dad said, stepping up with a new look of confidence. "Even if we are at a time of war, it would be low even for the witches to attack on such a day."

«.»

"You look beautiful." I turned to see Lucian leaning against the doorframe with a small sad smile.

"You always say that." I blushed, clipping on the last small stud in my ear before turning around to face my mate.

"It's always true." His smile was breathtaking as he approached me.

Before I knew it, he was swooping down for a gentle kiss, his soft lips pressing sweetly against mine. He tasted of cinnamon and chocolate and I released from the kiss to look at him. He grinned at me before kissing me again, this time with a little more aggression. He peppered kisses along my jawline after pulling away from the kiss. When his lips came in contact with his mark that I bore on my neck I purred softly.