Cryptotrappers- Double Dragon

Holding my arms out defensively as Seth took turns shrieking futilely at both Hydras, I made effort to avoid tripping as I slowly backed out of the nest alongside Lucy, trying to reach one of the smaller tunnels nearer the far wall of the cave. Sid and Randy each had their focus fully maintained on their respective wyrms, though it didn't seem to matter too much; they were herding us all into the same place to trap us after all. Just as the two of us reached the side of the room, the Hydras rancorous presences had succeeded in pushed the bodyguards towards the same tunnel, with Lucy and I backing up first followed closely by Sid and Randy in front of us. Hardly even daring to turn away from the creatures as they slammed heads to decide who'd get the honour of chasing us first, my hopes shattered as my heel suddenly found no support, and I shone my flashlight behind me to reveal the titanic crevasse that had replaced the floor of the tunnel, descending downwards into midnight nothingness.

"What do we do now?" Lucy asked in panic, pushing back at the pair closer to the cryptids as their own retreat threatened to knock both her and I into the void.
"Rope. I can figure out... something, but only if I have rope." I replied quickly, trying to figure out any way for us to make it across the gap safely. With a nod, Lucy reached into Randy's backpack and retrieved a coil, whilst the Hydras turned to biting in their feud to devour us. Grabbing one end, I held the other up for Seth to grab before I pointed firmly at the other side of the crevasse. Diligently, he flew across with the rope trailing into the dark beneath him, his golden eyes searching the stone walls for any secure attachment point. Settling on a firm stalagmite, he flew around it a couple of times with the rope held tightly, landing atop and screeching back at me as I gathered the coil around my free hand until the line was taut.
"Hold this." I instructed, passing the coil back to Sid and Randy, whose eyes were still focused on the Hydras. The greyer of the pair was undoubtedly looking far more ragged now than the other; we were running out of time. Taking the rope and leaning back with all my strength, I notioned for Lucy to begin crossing, to which she stared back at me, dubious.
"Are you absolutely sure this is safe?"
"No." I replied, sarcastic. "I wasn't planning on covering knot-tying with Seth until next week. Just go, please, now."
Using her rifle as a support, Lucy wrapped her body around the rope, inching forwards across it as the three of us held it tight. As she reached the other side and waved across, I turned back to the others, the choice being obvious.

"Randy, you're next. You think you can hold his weight, Sid?"
"I'd already spent years carrying Randy on missions before you showed up." came Sid's dry response. "We've got this."
Taking one final look back, Randy held himself close to the rope and began to cross as Lucy had. Whether it was the lack of him helping, or his extra weight compared to Lucy, my arms strained as I held him and my legs threatened to buckle several times. Meanwhile, behind us, the grey Hydra was in the process of being finally shoved weakly to the side, with Randy reaching the other side just as the stronger draconid filled the corridor's entrance menacingly.
"Go." Sid ordered, taking the rope fully as the Hydra grew nearer. "I can hold your weight, you can't hold mine."
"But-" I tried to argue, as Sid quickly silenced me.
"I'll swing. Now go!"
Pocketing my phone and taking the rope as the others had, I tried to pull myself across equally quickly. But my arms still ached from supporting Randy, and I found myself struggling to move myself. As the Hydra loomed over Sid, he looked over at me apologetically as he clenched the coils tightly.
"Brace yourself."
Before I could even respond, never mind react, Sid jumped from the side of the pit as I was sent hurtling towards the other side. All I could do was prepare for the impact.

My elbows were the first thing to slam against the unyielding rock, followed closely by my knees as I did all I could not to fall. But even as my joints felt as though they'd cracked, and I could feel that my skin had been scraped and broken, I somehow kept my grip on the rope. Looking back towards the Hydra, clearly furious to have lost its next meals, I felt a slight jolt as the rope as it began to be slowly hoisted up by the two that made it. As the Hydra's mouth frothed with acid, I could only pray that they'd pull just a little quicker. As the rope shifted below me from Sid heaving himself closer, two pairs of hands finally grabbed onto my shoulders and started lifting me onto more solid foundations, and I rolled onto the rock breathlessly as Sid was also helped up.
"Alright, Michael, time to move!" Lucy informed, dragging me up to my feet as the Hydra's maddened roars sent acid showering around the room. Not wanting to take any chances of being melted, I coiled up the rope quickly, took Seth back onto my arm and led the team further down the corridor, towards whatever horrors we'd face deeper in the caves. As we moved, I tried to think up any way that we'd be able to actually capture either of the pair, since nothing we had on us seemed like it would be able to do anything against even the acid coating the Hydra's slick scales. Finally, ahead of us the tunnel opened up a little, curving around into a larger chamber. Taking the lead, I turned the corner, and screamed.