WHERE LIFE TAKES US

A/N: Just a heads up that most of my story is still a work in progress. I wrote many of the early chapters when I was young and first starting out as a writer, so they might not have the best writing or plot structure. The later chapters are written a lot better, so I hope you have the faith and patience to read until then! :)

~ ~ ~

Where Life Takes Us

She's the one who timidly hides alone in the back of the library, her nose buried in countless books. He's the one who's surrounded by heaps of fellow students, his mind racing with constant thoughts.

She's the one who cautiously sits from the sidelines, unwilling to take a small step out of her comfort zone. He's the one who turns to fast-paced chances to roll the dice, desperate to move on from things he has to remember to forget.

She's the one who can never overstep her own boundaries, in fear that she will lose the approval of those that dictate her self-worth. He's the one who doesn't know if things will ever fall back into place again, silently hoping that everything won't crumble to bits before him.

What's the only similarity that two polar opposites share? Traumatic pasts continuously haunt them every living moment of their lives.

__________

Meet Averylyn Mitchell, a girl who only wants to try to fit in with the people around her, in hopes that she won't be different from everyone for once. When she abruptly moves from the home she knows all her life in New York City to a small town in the countryside of Minnesota, it isn't at all what she expected. Every day is pure torture for her to only feel out of place from everyone.

On the other hand, Walden Bradley is a boy who's cold and distant towards everyone for reasons that they can't seem to understand. Despite his reasons for his sudden anger to others at times, fellow students can't help but envy the varsity hockey player and his circle of friends. People ponder why he hardly opens up to anyone and never seems to be fully present wherever he goes.

Both individuals have secrets that they don't dare to tell anyone, but how can broken hearts ever recover from the past without learning what comes in the future? Moving on from the past is not as simple as people say because we never truly forget the events that lead up to our futures. Sometimes the things and people that we meet and see are not like what they truly are.

Can a quiet, self-conscious girl and a cold, apathetic boy balance each other out and learn the true meaning of love and life?

__________

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

All characters appearing in this story are fictitious. Any resemblance to real people, living or deceased, is purely coincidental.

__________

SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT WHERE LIFE TAKES US...

• "I love your story! It is really well written and goes very smoothly."

• "I absolutely love the way you made your characters. It's truly endearing."

• "So amazing. Your writing is incredibly impressive! I can't wait to see books of yours in stores."

• "I love that Avery is such a relatable character... Wow, I really love all the imagery here. I feel as though I'm literally there. Your writing is amazing so far, I absolutely love it!"

• "Where Life Takes Us was a fun read filled with cute, lovable characters... As for Wade, he is an amazing character and we're seeing him grow. All of your characters are magnificent in their own ways. It's one of the things I love about this book."

• "My favourite thing so far is the relationships you have created between your characters. They are very easily believed and really help your reader become assimilated in the storyline. Great work!"

• "You've created an amazing drama, which I've come to love... I love your writing style because it is extremely descriptive and emotional. It just lets one look through the eyes of the characters and feel exactly what Wade and Avery are feeling which is a quality that is not to be found in many stories I have read yet."

~ ~ ~

HIGHEST RANKINGS:
#362 in Teen Fiction—06/18
#12 in Couples—07/18
#14 in Bookworm—11/28/18
#18 in Teen Romance—07/14/18
#31 in First Love—07/14/18
#34 in Grief—11/28/18
#15 in Young Adult Reads—12/06/20
#4 in Growing Up—08/03/18
#43 in Teens—08/03/18
#46 in Relationships—08/03/18
#71 in Life—07/20/18
#110 in New Adult—08/03/18
#209 in Young Adult—08/03/18
#246 in Heartbreak—08/03/18
#377 in Angst—07/18
#271 in Featured—08/03/18
#175 in High School—07/18
#427 in Teen—08/03/18
#535 in Fiction—08/03/18