Chapter 22

Figuring Out

-------

"John!" Ryan called as he picked up JiJi and placed her on the foot of the bed.

"Yeah?" John came running in.

"Take her to our room." Ryan said, pointing at a passed out JiJi. "She's so stubborn, god."

John laughed. "Come on you stubborn little fuck." Then he left with JiJi.

"What was she trying to do?" Ryan asked.

"She was going to help me to the bathroom." Mika answered quietly. Ryan hummed and he picked Mika up who was still half naked and wrapped tightly in a blanket and carried her to the bathroom. He set her down on the edge of the bathtub.

"I'll let you do your thing." Ryan quietly said with a blush.

"Okay, thanks." Mika whispered back, her face too red for a normal human being then Ryan left the room. She scanned the room to see a towel and some clothes on a small table beside the bathtub. A vanity was on one side of the room, the counter filled with make up and other products. Mika assumed that those are JiJi's stuff. She let the blanket drop on the floor and slowly took off her remaining clothes. Surely and carefully, she dipped herself in the warm water. She sighed in content.

An hour later in the bath, Mika stepped out and struggled by herself with drying herself and dressing herself, in a pair of black shorts and a huge white shirt. Her body ached and hurt each move she made. After another hour with struggle, she finally opened the door to leave.

John was seen just passing by. "Oh, Mika. You took your time." He smiled. He was bringing a large blanket and a huge bottle of water. "Ryan's in the kitchen, you can put those in JiJi's laundry basket. This is her own bathroom afterall." He laughed pointing to the laundry basket behind her.

Mika turned to look. "Oh, okay. Thanks." She said quietly as John left. She threw her clothes in the hamper and went to the kitchen. Where she saw Ryan cooking.

"Oh hey, you're done." Ryan smiled at her. "You took your time. 2 hours." He laughed.

"Sorry if it's unusual." Mika said.

"Oh no, it's not." Ryan laughed. "Long showers are not aliens in this apartment. I hope you like stir fry?"

"It's fine." Mika smiled. John walked in, awkwardly smile at the two of them and went to take the soup that was waiting on the table. Then he left quietly.

"John's gonna be taking care of JiJi." Ryan said as he placed a plate full of food for Mika and for himself on the table. "Dinner with me?"

Mika blushed. "Sure." And she sat down. For most of the time, they sat eating quietly. The sounds of the utensils they are using hit against the plate are the only sound heard in the room. Mika made a move to look up and stare at Ryan. She gazed at his handsome face as she chewed on food. Wait. Handsome? What?

"How are your bruises?" Ryan asked, looking up to her.

Mika snapped back to reality. "O-oh.. uhm, t-they're fine, the temporary ointment that JiJi applied actually worked." She said, rubbing a bruise on her arm. "And the bath helped a lot."

"Yeah." Ryan said. "JiJi knows her stuff. She usually is the one who takes care of us in this house."

"And I thought I'm the only one here with medical knowledge." Mika joked the paused. "That sounded offensive, I am so sorry."

"It's fine." Ryan laughed. "John and I are not that medically trained."

"I'm not medically trained." Mika said. "My mum only taught me a few things."

"I like to use the term 'medically trained' for that." Ryan grinned. "It makes me and the person I talk about sound professional."

Mika giggled.

"JiJi isn't literally medically trained either." Ryan said. "She just studies a lot."

"Oh?" Mika perked up.

"Yeah, that's why she knows a lot of stuff. We actually have a little library in the living room where she always cramp herself in the corner, her nose behind a book." Ryan explained. "Majority of them are about medical and music though."

"You guys have little library?" Mika asked.

"Yeah. You haven't really seen the living room now that I have remembered." Ryan laughed.

"Do you read books then?"

"Yeah I do."

"What kind of books?"

"Oh, you know, mysteries, love, slice of life, drama. Those kinds of stuff. Do you read?"

"I read slice of life, love and drama as well."

"Cool, then you can skim through the shelf and see if something caught your eye that you have not read yet."

"You'll let me borrow some of your books?"

"Well, yeah, I have probably read those books like 5-7 times, at first I said it'll never get old but now I just want new books man."

The two laughed.

"It kinda reminds me of when I used to watch movies a lot." Mika said.

"Oh? What kind of movies?" Ryan asked.

"Oh, just the same. But I used to watch the Harry Potter series a lot. Old movie but I love it so much."

"Harry Potter? Ooh! What house do you think you're in?"

"Hufflepuff."

"Oh that's so cool! We're all the houses now. I'm a Slytherin, John's a Gryffindor and JiJi's a Ravenclaw."

"Woah! What a coincidence."

"I can't wait to tell JiJi. She has this painting she's working on, so far it has the three of us in our respective houses but we were missing a Hufflepuff so it had to be put on hold."

"That's cool."

"We can show it to you when it's finished."

"I'll look forward to it then." Mika smiled. Ryan smiled back making her blush before John's voice was heard down the hall.

"Ry!?"

"Yeah!?" Ryan called back before excusing himself and went to leave. Mika sat alone, staring at her now empty plate. A question keeps popping in her head, over and over again.

'Am I falling in love with Ryan?'