13.A Reason to Fight

13. A Reason to Kill

Iris POV

The months past by quickly. Alistair and I went down stairs a lot after the hunt. mingling with other vampires but mostly Carlisle and Esme. Carlisle and Esme seemed surprised that Alistair came out of the attic a lot. Carlisle explained that Alistair hated big crowds, but he saw a change in Alistair and it was a good change. The next day Alistair and I walked down stairs from the Attic. It was the day before the fight we were leaving to set camp this evening. We were at the end of the stairs. I look perfectly fine like I always did before I met Alistair amongst the crowd of vampire that were nervous,worried,and scared for each other there all trying to hide it but failing. Sure I looked fine when on the inside I'm scared to death and terrified not for my life but for Alistair's . I can't loss him he is the most important thing that has ever happened to me and the only one I need.

"It is going to be okay.", he whispered in my ear softly. He was really the only one who can see threw my disguise. He was the only one who knows how I feel or felt. I moved closer to him and he pulled me closer to him. Since I met him I got a feeling that I thought died with my human life. He brought that small light of hope I had in my human life and make as big as it can get. I looked up at the clock it was 11:47 we had 13 minutes left till we would run to the mountains and camp out before we fight ...before some might not come... back. Alistair and I made over way to the door. We stepped out side. We were alone it could be the last time we could be alone. That fact that he might die keeps on pounding in my head messing with me saying "Your going to lose him and never get him back. Just like you lost the rest of your family." I moved as close as I could get to him. He didn't moved back he didn't flinch, he didn't want space. He wrapped his arms around me trying draw me closer to him.

"I love you.", I said his arms still wrapped around me. I was looking off into the wood remembering when I hoped he would just appear there. I would be crying if it was physically possible right now.

"I love you too",he said. He kissed the top of my head. I didn't look up I was still staring off in the woods. He lifted my chin with his hand. I was terrified for not even a second remembering that Percy did the exact same thing before he choked me and killed me. Our lips touched. I put my hand on the back of his head to pull him closer to me. when are lips parted I rested my head on his chest. I loved him,I need him,I couldn't lose him. Carlisle and Esme walked out the door and stopped they knew they were interrupting something. I didn't move I stood there frozen in his arms.

"It is time to go.",Esme said quietly and sheepishly.

I nodded I tried to move but Alistair still had his arms wrapped around me. I tried moving again he unwraps his arms. We walk quietly to Carlisle and Esme. Who would lead us to mountains to we're they stayed last time when witnessing for Renesmee. We ran we were there in two minutes. Everybody was here tents were set up for the wolfs and Renesmee. There were logs set up around a pile of wood. which would probably be for a fire and the logs for seats. The hours pasted it grew dark... It grew closer tommrow. I still hated the dark especially when it was quite and the stars shined the brightest. It reminds me of the last few seconds of my human life. Benjamin started the fire everyone was already gathered around the pile of wood that was now on fire. They all talked, questioned , and had comments but Alistair and I just stood there. I was in his arms facing the fire. When it got to us they just skipped us I was perfectly fine with that. It was like day appeared in seconds. We moved to field that we would meet the Volturi. I hoped that there wasn't going to be a fight but knowing how Aro and Cauis like a good fight they would most likely find away. Marcus he was really the only one who wants peace and nothing to do with fighting. The field was green and beautiful. There was a nice smooth breeze. It was dead silent you could see figures of the Volturi moving. toward us. The first ones I notice was Aro,Cauis,Marcus, and Demetri then you could see every face in the ranks of the Volturi. I took one last look at Alistair,and looked forward to Volturi. I looked at Demetri who was staring at me in a flirty way. He was another reason I left the Volturi he had a crush on me when I had no entrust back not even to be friends. Then I looked at Cauis who was grinning and staring at me and Alistair as if he was going to take Alistair for me. Then Aro he stood in the front of the crowd between Marcus and Cauis like usual.