S E V E N T E E N

Nora could barely look anyone in the eye when she was forced back into the venue where her parents were waiting for her.

"What is going on, Nora?" Her mother asked, looking rightfully concerned.

"Oh, um... Harry just needed to talk to me, quickly. No big deal," Nora said, trying to shrug it off.

"Is he your... new boyfriend?" Her mother asked quietly.

"What?" Nora asked, feeling her mouth go dry.

"That's what some of the boys were saying. He's your lover?" She asked.

"Ugh, Mom. Please don't use that word," Nora groaned, feeling absolutely mortified.

"Well, is he?" She pressed.

"I guess," Nora shrugged.

"You guess? Well is he or isn't he?" Her mom asked.

"Yes, he is," Nora said through clenched teeth, hating having to admit something like that.

"Well, I'd really love to meet him. I'm sure your father would too," her mother said, reaching out to swipe Nora's hair behind her ear.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Harry walk into the room with a smug look on his face, causing Nora to inwardly groan.

"Oh, there he is. Introduce us," her mother said as Harry walked up beside Nora.

Nora didn't even have to speak a word, because apparently Harry had it completely under control.

"You must be Nora's sister. Lovely to meet you," Harry said, grasping Nora's mother's hand, leaving a kiss on the top of it.

"Oh, stop it now," her mother blushed and giggled at his flirting.

"This is my mother, Harry," Nora said, staring at the two of them being so coy with one another.

"Your mother? Not possible. You're absolutely stunning. You must have been a child when Nora was born," Harry said, charming the pants off her.

"Oh, stop it," she said, swatting at Harry's chest.

"Harry, this is my mother Jean, and this is my father Carter," Nora said as her father walked up.

"Harry is it?" Nora's father asked, shaking his hand.

"It is. Nice to meet, you sir. You have a lovely daughter and an even lovelier wife," Harry said, giving them his most prize-winning smile. Nora rolled her eyes as her parents swooned over him.

"You must be the new fella that Nora is seeing," her father pointed out.

"You're absolutely right. Isn't he, Nor?" Harry said, wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her tightly to him.

"That's right," she said, smiling just to keep up the façade.

"I just wish there was more time in your schedule so we could invite ya'll to the farm for dinner or something. It's not every day that our daughter brings home an international rock star," Nora's mother told them.

"You live on a farm?" Harry asked, sounding intrigued.

"Got two-hundred head of milking cattle," her father told him.

"You grew up there?" Harry asked, looking over at Nora.

"Yes," she said, nodding her head, hoping he wasn't going to say something stupid to offend her parents, who worked so hard to keep the farm going.

"That is absolutely amazing. I used to help on a farm back in Cheshire when I was younger," Harry said, beaming a smile at her folks.

"You did?" Nora asked, furrowing her brow at him.