as they were gathering evidence for the case, amy asks y/n an unexpected question.

"do you like jake?" she asks, placing a picture in a sealed bag and marking it with a pen. y/n sniggers, turning to her colleague.

"jake?! no! we're just friends! why would you even think that i like him?" she replies with shock, still laughing from the question.

"because he certainly likes you" she says. y/n stops working and turns to any.

"what?" she asks quietly, placing her evidence bag down.

"can you seriously not see it? you and jake are clearly more than friends. can you seriously not feel it? can you not feel the crazy amount of chemistry between you guys? you are meant to be together!" she exclaims, walking over to her friend. y/n simply shakes her head in denial.

"you're crazy" she says before getting back to work.

downstairs, jake and charles were looking through the mayor's office when charles spoke up.

"jake. do you like y/n?" he asks, slowly turning to his best friend who was looking through the drawers of the mayor's desk. jake laughs, turning to his friend.

"y/n?! no! we're just friends! why would you even think that i like her?" jake asks, still laughing from the question he was asked.

"because she certainly likes you" charles tells his friend.

"what?"

"can you seriously not see it? that you're clearly more than friends. can you not feel it? the crazy amount of chemistry between the two of us. the fire in your groin that you feel whenever you're around her.." charles explains but jake soon interrupts him.

"ok charles" he says in a disgusted tone.

"the point is, you guys are clearly destined to be together and i just can't believe that you two don't see or feel it" charles shakes his head as he continues with his work.

the conversation with their best friends got jake and y/n thinking. did they like each other? or were they just friends? did they have chemistry together? or were they just friends? are they destined to be together? or are they just friends?

after an hour of searching the scene, y/n and amy go down to the mayor's office where jake and charles still were.

"hey, we've finished upstairs. are you guys nearly done?" amy asks as she walks in. charles nods his head, showing amy what they'd found. y/n walks over to jake, holding up one of her evidence bags.

"look what i found!" she whispers to her friend, holding it up. jake gasps, holding it up.

"no way! he had a good tooth. i've never even seen one up close!" he says in excitement, his eyes staring at the bag in wonder. y/n should have been staring at the bag to but she found herself staring at something else.

jake had such dreamy eyes, she could have stared at them for hours. and his hair was so perfect without him even trying. and his nose which he claimed was too big was just perfect to her. he was just perfect to her.

y/n shakes her head, snatching the evidence bag with the gold tooth out of jake's hand and placing on the pile that amy and charles had put together. utterly confused, she leaves the office to get some air outside.

"did you talk to him?" amy quietly asks charles, physically acting as if she was still showing him why they'd found.

"yeah. he says they're just friends!" charles mutters in anger, discreetly throwing his arms in the air. amy shakes her head.