fifteen

i leant forward in my chair as my eyes keep fixated on a certain jughead jones, who was repeatedly being beat up to prove he was worthy of being a southside serpent. the sound of doors opening, plastic bags rustling and keys jangling was heard from a couple of metres away however i was too interested to see if the teenager on tv passed his trial.

the serpents slapped, punched, kicked and just abused jughead so he'd prove himself to them.

"some help over here?" a voice asks in desperation from what sounded like the kitchen. pausing the tv, i stand up from the sofa and walk over to see jake struggling to put the groceries on the counter as there was so much.

"i thought i was doing the grocery shopping this week?" i ask in confusion, getting two of the bags from him and laying them down, starting to unpack them. jake shakes his head, repeating my actions.

"how was work?" i ask, filling in the gap of silence.

"normal. my heroic self saving this city from evil" he casually replies, glancing upwards to be dramatic. i shake my head, rolling my eyes as i place the milk in the fridge. i see him smiling at my from the corner of my eye as he reaches up to place the cereal in the cupboard. 

"hey by the way, we're babysitting my niece this weekend" jake tells me as he throws the grocery bag in the bin. my eyes widen a little as i turn around to face the man behind me. 

"niece? since when did you have a niece?" i ask in confusion. 

"she's my sister kate's daughter" he replied casually. i sit down on the counter stool beside me with even more confusion taking over me. 

"since when did you have a sister?!" i exclaim, becoming more dazed by this information which i am only just being told. before jake even had a chance to respond, the doorbell went. holding his index finger up to me, he went to answer. 

moments later, jake walks in with a woman with some facial similarities to him and a little girl attached to the mother. 

"y/n, this is my sister kate and her daughter lacey, my niece" he announces, with a look of awkward on his face. I smile as I stand up from my seat. 

"y/n! jake's told me such wonderful things about you!" she greets, shaking my hand. my cheeks heat up a little as kate makes that statement. 

"i am so sorry to spring this on the two of you but work just called me and they desperately need me there and my husband is out of town for five days. could you maybe look after lacey for a few hours? only until seven" kate begs, locking her fingers together and looking at me and jake longingly for a response. 

"of course! we're great babysitters!" jake says, glancing down at his niece who seems to have disappeared. he turns around to see that she was glancing at the pictures on the fireplace.

before rushing off, kate thanks us and claims that we're saints. once the front door closes, jake and I give each other a glance before walking over to his niece to see what she was doing.

"uncle jake, who's this?" lacey asks, her speech showing a slight lisp which was so cute. she points up to the photo of me at the beach when I was six.

"it's auntie y/n as a kid" he replies, getting the frame down so she could get a better look. i smile, at the fact that jake gets on so well with kids and it's literally the cutest thing ever. and also the fact i'm 'auntie y/n' oh my god. 

--------------------

many hours past. hours full of colouring, reading and playing outside. the time had reached seven o'clock and exactly on cue, the doorbell rang. i looked over to see jake reading a pop up book to lacey, who was sat on his knee. he didn't even hear the bell so i stood up from the opposite sofa and got it. 

i welcomed her in, a smile immediately coming to her face as she saw her brother and daughter bonding. 

"they're adorable!" i quietly exclaim, kate nodding along with me. lacey looks up to see her mother and she toddled over to her. 

"mummy!" she screamed, jumping up into her mum's arms. 

"mummy, can i pwease come again?" she asks, poking kate's face with her pacifier. she laughs, nodding her head and placing her on her hip so she could hold her easier. jake comes over, putting the book down onto the table. 

"thanks so much guys. let me pay you" she says, reaching into her bag. 

"no, don't. there's no need to pay us!" jake urges. kate nods her head, thanking us repeatedly before heading out of the door. jake and i made sure to give lacey a kiss before she got into the car with her mum. 

"you become a thousand times cuter when you're with your niece" i state as jake shoves the book into the drawer. 

"also where did you get the book from?" i ask, pointing at the drawer. 

"gina lent it to me because i told her i was babysitting this weekend" he replies. i nod my head as we both sit down on the couch. we both sit in silence before jake speaks up. 

"we should have a baby" he suggests, i cough and splutter as i spit out my water in shock. 

"a baby?" 

"think about it! we both love kids, we both spoken about it and we've proven today that we're great with kids!" he explains, placing his hands on my lap. 

"how can we afford it? babies are expensive. diapers, clothes, milk.." i trail, sighing as i look at my fiancé. 

"we'll save up! come on, how hard is it to save up within nine months?" he states. i sigh again, my eyes diverting to my fidgeting fingers as I think about jake's proposal. 

"i guess we could try" i say, looking at jake who had the biggest smile on his face. his hands come to either side of my face and his lips smash into mine. i giggle into the kiss and i could tell that he could too. 

the pair of us stand up and head to the bedroom where we 'pursue our plan' 

a/n ok but i had to do another 'jake with kids' chapter it is legit the cutest concept. 

also, i logged into here earlier to see that i have over 1k reads. there's no way i thought i'd ever get that so thank you so so much 

jake peralta oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें