twelve

the room erupts with laughter as charles stands at the table, genevieve at one side of him and jake at the other. i take a sip of my champagne, still laughing at his little anecdote.

"no, seriously though. apart from all the pranks and denial, jake and y/n knew that the universe and all of us intended for them to be together. to mr and mrs peralta!" charles announces, rising his champagne glass. everyone cheers, copying the best man and turning back to their conversations as some snacks are brought to their tables.

"thank you so much charles. that was beautiful" i say, leaning over the table in order to see him.

"that's what charles boyle is all about baby!" he replies, causing me to laugh again. from the corner of my eye, i see jake staring at me. i then turn to him to see him not budging at all, he just keeps his eyes on me.

"what? do i have something on my face?" i ask in panic, prodding my fingers on my made up cheeks. jake laughs slightly, shaking his head and trying his best to stifle a wide smile.

"no. it just makes me happy that i'll be able to see that smile every single day for the rest of my life" he explains, placing his head on his propped up arm, smiling at me again. i blush, shoving his arm slightly as he continues to look at me.

"if the newly wed couple could make their way to the dance floor for their first dance" the dj announced from across the room, i swear i knew that voice from somewhere. i look over to see doug judy at the stand. i widen my eyes, glancing over at jake. he shakes his head, assuring me that it's ok and that he isn't going to catch him. today.

hand in hand, my husband and i made our way to the dance floor. his arms wrap around my waist and mine rest on his shoulders as the familiar chords of 'you & i' play. i gasp, looking up at jake.

"i knew you'd love this song" he whispers, squeezing my waist slightly.

it sounds very cliché but it seemed as if time had stopped as the two of us danced. there was no one else in the room, no relatives, no friends, just jake and i swaying to the sound of our wedding song.

the song ended and everyone applauded the two of us, all of them coming to the dance floor as the upbeat music started. as he promised, jake dances with charles and terry whilst i went to get my drink.

"pretty ceremony" a voice claims behind me, my body turning round to see rosa stood with her girlfriend.

"thanks rosa" i reply with a smile.

"jakes done good. you better keep hold of him" she advises me. i nod, laughing slightly along with the couple in front of me before they walked off to dance together.

for a while, i simply stand at the side of the dance floor, watching my friends and family have a good time at my wedding.

as i'm watching, the familiar sound of salt n pepa's 'whatta man' fills the room. i hear terry whoop as he takes off his tux jacket. i walk down the room a little as i see the three grown men dance together. i loudly laugh as i see a tipsy captain holt join in too. they do the running man, the wave, jake even twerked at one point. it was a complete mess but i loved it.

"this song is about me!" jake shouts across the room to me, pointing at himself. i nod my head, knowing that it was true.

"he's never grown up" karen states next to me. i turn to her to see her shaking her head at her son, who had managed to climb on terry's back.

"he hasn't" i reply. she sighs as she walks off to join her husband at the buffet stand.

jake comes over to me, sweaty and out of breath. he grabs the glass out of my hands and downs it. he then gets another two glasses and drinks all of them too.

"calm down! you're going to be very drunk" i laugh, placing my hands on his chest. he looks deep into my eyes before coming back with a classic jake comment.

"oh honey. whenever i'm with you, i'm intoxicated" he claims. i roll my eyes, placing my lips on his before we both return to the dance floor along with the rest of the nine nine.

a/n i know it's a very soppy thing to say but thank you so much to everyone who's reading this book. there's no where near as much as i thought they'd be, due to the fact i'm not the best writer but you know. i love the fact that you guys vote and comment on this book, you all make me hella happy :)