twenty one

*this chapter is based on s2 ep 11; stakeout*

i keep my knees to my head, being careful not to make a single sound as it could blow the whole thing. with force, i was simultaneously thrown to the ground with my partner. the world came into our focus with the simple stroke of a zip.

"ok you did not have to throw us, guys" jake complains, rubbing his head. i chuckled as he complained like a child. rosa rolled her eyes and started to unload our stakeout equipment. terry led us over to the window of the room to go over the situation.

"so, you're watching that trailer across the street. note down any activity, anything suspicious and please don't mess this up. it means so much to captain holt" terry explains and pleads, sending us optimistic glances.

"come on terry! me messing things up? it's unheard of!" jake laughed, putting his hands on his hips. all three of us turned to him and raised our eyebrows, looking at him in disbelief.

"never mind. you better go guys, we've got this" jake suggested to rosa and terry. they looked at each other and me for approval and once they got the signal, the left the room. i sighed, pulling up a chair and sitting by the grimy window facing the perp's location.

"i don't know how i am going to last eight days in this disgusting place. there is literally some kind of dead cockroach in the corner of the room" i say, pointing at the deceased animal lied a mere few feet away from me. jake stands up at the same time as me and stands before me.

"it's going to be fine. besides, i'm with you the whole time" he assures, smiling as he lets his hands rest on my waist. i smile too, leaning up to press a small kiss to his lips.

"ok! so, we take it in shifts. each eight hours. we're both on shift, i sleep you work, you sleep i work. sound good?" jake suggest to me as  who had seated himself  at the window, letting his feet rest on the window sill. i agree with his plan.

"yeah. write it down for holt" he tells me, passing me a stakeout notebook. i nod my head, writing down our devised shift schedule.

i, too, sat myself back down on  my chair, across the table from jake and across from the trailer outside. i sigh, setting my computer up and putting my nypd login in and bringing up our stakeout file.

————————

pretty much eight hours had passed since jake went to sleep. he said i should sleep first but at me end of our combined shift, he was dozing off so i had to let him take my sleep time. also, him sleeping first gave me the chance to see him sleeping, which was literally the cutest thing i've ever seen in my entire life.

jake's alarm on his phone sounded through the room, his eyes flickering open. he lets out a yawn as he stretches his limbs. he swings his legs over the bed and comes walking over to me. i quickly turn my head away so he didn't have the suspicion that i was staring at him sleeping and waking up. he sits down across from me, reaching over to the milk and cereal and pouring himself a bowl. i continued to stare out of the window when jake spoke up.

"i know you were staring at me" he says, looking up and smirking at me.

fuck.

i smile in embarrassment, covering my face with my hands. i hear jake chuckle as he eats his breakfast. i look down at my notebook before looking back out of the window again. as i was noting down possible activity from across the street, i hear jake slam his spoon down into his bowl, making my head snap up at him in confusion.

"how did captain holt plan this stakeout?" he asks in annoyance, shaking his head and folding his arms across his chest.

"we're here for eight days. how does he expect us not to do it?" he says with a disappointed look on his face. i laugh at his comment, shaking my head as well before going back to my note taking.

"how does he expect you to be here with me and not do it? like come on, we're like the sexiest people on the planet" he complains seriously, standing up from his chair. he ran his hands down his body, trying his best to make himself look much stronger than he actually was. i too stand up, feeling his arms.

"wow, you've really been working out" i lie, the major ego boost showing on his face. i internally roll my eyes, thinking he was the stupidest person. he stands still again, staring down at me.

"what?" i ask, glancing behind and beside me and back up at jake. he leans down to me, pressing his lips to mine. it started out as a normal kiss but within a matter of seconds, it turned heated. his shirt came over his head and i slammed him into the wall behind him, roaming my hands across his chest. with a dramatic flair, jake kicked the chair he was previously sat on. unexpectedly, it made a loud crash sound on the floor. we immediately stopped making out and stared at the chair now laid on the floor. i glanced out of the window to see our perps looking up suspiciously at our window. jake pushed me off of him, placing me at his side. we see the criminals rush into their cars and speed away, leaving the location.

"damn!" we both shout in annoyance and disappointment in ourselves.

we were in huge trouble.