three

the final piece of clothing was placed in the suitcase, the lid being slammed and the zip being drawn over to seal it. I drag the case off the bed and throw it onto the floor, pulling the handle up and wheeling it into the hallway. i sigh, taking myself into the kitchen. as i was walking past, i notice jake sat on the sofa with a huge bowl of popcorn watching tv.

"jake. you do realise we go to los angeles tomorrow morning? at 3am? it is now 7pm" i say, checking the time on my phone. he nods his head, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"yeah yeah sure" he replies. he was obviously not paying attention to what i was saying. i grab a bottle of water and go into the living room, sitting on the same sofa at the other end.

"are you even listening to me?" i ask, rearing my head round to look at him. his head nods slightly but not enough for a full confirmation.

"jake we're not going to LA tomorrow" i claim, seeing what his reaction was. he repeats the same action he has done every time i've spoken to him.

"i cheated on you, with boyle". same reaction

"i'm pregnant". same reaction again.

"we should have sex right now" i say, his head immediately turning to me, a smirk growing on his face. i roll my eyes and groan in disgust, getting off the sofa and going back into the bedroom. i get the other suitcase from under the bed and start packing jake's clothes. i mutter things under my breath, things like calling jake a lazy asshole and such.

"what are you doing?" he asks as he walks in, taking his hoodie from my hands.

"packing your shit because you're too lazy to do it!" i exclaim, grabbing a pair of his underwear and throwing it in, without even folding it first.

"you don't have to pack my things for me! i'm a grown man! i paid a bill today" he said, smiling as if it was a brag.

"that bill was the rent and it was due three weeks ago!" i shout, chucking another piece of clothing into the case.

"why are you being so moody?" he interrogates, turning to me. i shake my head at him.

"i am not! i'm just sick of you not doing anything! i do everything in this house!". before jake had the chance to put his spare charger, that i bought him, into the case, i zip it up, making him yelp as i nearly caught his fingers. i take the case into the hallway, throwing it next to mine and go back into the kitchen. i sit myself down on one of the stools, taking a sip of my water before putting my head in my hands.

i feel jake's presence next to me but i choose to ignore him.

"look, i know you're nervous about me meeting your parents for the first time but it's gonna be fine. ok? i even learnt how to eat correctly with a fork!" he tells me, attempting to bring me comfort. i turn my head to him, giving him a weak smile.

"thank you. i'm sorry i shouted at you, i'm just stressed but you're right, it's going to be fine" i say. he smiles with me, leaning in to give me a kiss.

"before, you weren't being serious right? you haven't slept with boyle and you're not pregnant?" he asks in a serious tone. i shake my head.

"you heard what i was saying but you still ignored me?"

"the show i was watching was getting good!" jake argues, making me laugh.

"unbelievable"