On The Road Again

Signe was just helping Amy clean up from breakfast, when there was a knock at the door. Robin, who had been keeping an eye on the box, headed towards it. "Should I answer it?" He called.

"Go ahead!" Amy responded simply.

Robin hesitantly opened the door before he smiled. "Ethan! I thought you were afraid of hurting the tiny people?"

Ethan sighed, nodding a little as he glanced at Kathryn beside him, then offered Robin a smile. "I still want to help though. So, I'm just gonna have to be careful."

"Sure." Robin grinned. "And it's nice to see you again Kathryn, uh... come on in guys?" He took a step back. "Feels weird inviting you into... not my house."

Kathryn smiled. "Yeah, well... at least we're not strangers."

"Kat?" Amy called from the kitchen, and Kathryn made her way there. "I thought I heard you." Amy grinned. "We just finished up breakfast... we're going back to the creepy warehouse to try and find the scientist." Ethan and Robin leaned in the doorway and Amy gave a small wave. "Morning Ethan. I thought you weren't coming back?"

Ethan looked around at the ground as he placed his feet. "Yeah..." He chuckled slightly, looking up at Amy. "Uh, well, Tyler said he was taking the morning off so he could help out this evening if you guys needed it, so I thought maybe you'd need the extra hands." He pulled a tiny hand out of his pocket and grinned. "Tiny hand for the tiny people, eh?"

Kathryn sighed. "I practically begged him not to..."

Robin shook his head, chuckling and Ethan grinned. "Robin thought it was funny."

"That was a pity laugh." Mark smirked, and Ethan noticed him for the first time, sitting on the table.

Walking over, Ethan leaned down, trying to be more level with the table. "Didn't see you down there, little man."

Mark shook his head. "Oh, fuck you! You're usually SHORTER than I am!"

"Which is why getting the small jokes in now, is advantageous." Ethan grinned. "Where's Sean?"

"Oh!" Robin turned running back to the living room.

Ethan watched him, then glanced at Amy, wide eyed. Signe smiled, laughing softly. "He wanted to spend some time with his alters, so he's in the box. Robin was supposed to be his safety, in case Mark's turn on him suddenly."

"They're assholes to ME." Mark muttered. "HE'S probably fine in there. I mean... Wilford and Anti are separated out."

"Wilford is the concerning one." Amy nodded. "Dark can be manipulative, but he's never showed interest in really going after anyone but Mark."

Mark shook his head. "Yeah, whatever I ever did to him."

Amy sighed, putting the last dish away and glanced at the clock. "We should get going anyway." She turned to Kathryn and Ethan. "Are you sure you guys want to come? Ethan you can stay on Chica duty again, if you want."

"No... you guys might need me." Ethan shrugged.

Kathryn sighed. "I knew what I was signing up for."

"Thanks." Amy smiled.

"Yeah, you guys are amazing." Mark grinned, climbing into Amy's hand as she held it out.

Amy made her way into the living room and leaned over the box. "Sean, are you staying in there for the ride?"

Sean was sitting off to one side of the box with Jackieboy, Marvin, Chase and Jameson. He looked up, considering it a moment before he smiled and nodded. "Yeah! I think I will! They're a bit nervous, going back to the lab, and I can't say I blame them."