Freedom or Food?

Amy watched Mark pacing on the coffee table, as the complaints got louder.

"I demand to be released." Darkiplier's voice echoed out from one corner.

"Nobody puts Warfstache in the corner!" A familiar lisped voice was shouting from the other.

"Everyone was getting rather irritated at still being contained in their night time prisons." The Host dictated.

Amy tilted her head, sighing. "Maybe it's time we let them out."

Mark shook his head slightly. The egos had behaved themselves through the night, but they were contained, and he still didn't trust them. "What if they like... get in the walls?"

"We're not fucking mice!" Ed shouted.

"I don't like leaving Chica outside by herself." Mark frowned.

Amy nodded. "Kathryn, Tyler and Ethan will be over soon to help out. One of them can take Chica to the park for a bit. It'll be fine."

Mark sighed, rubbing his temples. "Fine. I guess... let them out." Amy slid the bin over and gently lifted everyone up onto the coffee table, before going to fetch the pails from the corners. "Except... maybe them." Mark bit his lip.

Amy stood with a pail in each hand, watching him. "They're just going to get angrier the longer you keep them in here."

"Damn right!" Wilford shouted.

Suddenly, King raced to the edge of the coffee table and slid down one of the legs, before sprinting across the floor towards the back door. "I'm King of the Squirrels!" He screamed with his hands in the air.

Mark's eyes widened as he watched. "King! Get back here!"

"I'll take... freedom for 100!" Bim grinned, sliding down another leg.

"We won't get in your damn walls!" Ed promised, sliding down after Bim, who had to jump out of the way at the bottom.

Amy set the pails down, glancing around. She shifted, taking a step towards King, before turning to move after Bim and Ed. Dr. Iplier was sliding down the far leg, with the Host right behind him, while the Silver Shepherd slid down another leg. One of the Jims held his stick close, looking at the rock. "There's been a great prison escape!"

"This isn't a prison!" Mark groaned. "We're trying to keep you safe!" He paused, looking up at Amy and shook his head. "Just... if you get them, they'll just... try to break free again. Let them go."

"Are you sure?" Amy frowned.

"No." Mark chuckled, shaking his head. "But... I'm not going to make you chase them around the house. Besides, we still have the dangerous ones." He groaned, staring at the pails.

Amy nodded a little, watching the little men scatter and sighed, sitting down on the couch. "So we just... let them go?"

"We'll check in with them in a bit. I mean, how much damage can they really cause?" Mark asked, sitting down on the edge of the coffee table that was facing where Amy sat on the couch.

"Everyone has escaped now but us, Jim! Quick! Let's slippy slide to the floor and get the scoop on this ginormous house!" Jim with his stick, slid down a leg of the coffee table, and Jim with the rock followed, landing on the first Jim at the bottom. They got up, shaking off the collision and scampered off into the house.

Mark took a deep breath, watching Amy. "Have you... thought about... if I can't fix this?"

Amy nodded. "It's crossed my mind."

"I don't even know where to start." Mark chuckled nervously, putting his face in his hands. "How did this happen? How is this my life?"

Amy sighed, leaning forward and placed her hand on the table beside him. "Hey, you're not figuring this out alone. I'm here, and Sean is coming. I mean, we have to talk to that guy again, right?"