Obvious

Y/n's POV:
"Ugh I can't do it! It sounds so stupid!" I exclaim, letting my face into a pillow with a huff. This damn presentation wrecks my nerves!

I always hated speaking in front of people anyways. No matter if they are my friends or strangers and now I should talk about my country in front of a whole new class of still unfamiliar faces?

The only one I know is Shawn and that's just because I can stay with his family and I already got here during the end of their summer break. "Yes you can do it, y/n. Stop being so hard with yourself. It wasn't bad at all."

„Oh yes it was, Shawn. Why do teachers make the life of exchange students like hell? Can't we just sit in the corner of the class and pretend to understand everything?" I ask, rubbing my temples in frustration.

A low chuckle escapes Shawn, who is sitting opposite of me in a chair in front of my bed in the guest room and is my 'tutor' to help me when I don't get something or search for classrooms in school.

As you already know I'm an exchange student here in Canada for about a year before I head back to (y/c/n). (Your countries name) It's the first week of school and I already should hold a presentation about my home-country and what I like here and there and blablabla...

Shawn stops spinning in circles on the chair, crossing his arms as he eyes me amusedly. "What?" I question annoyance lacing my voice while I roll my eyes. "You are exaggerating." He states, chuckling.

„I'm not! You don't even know how nervous I become when everyone is looking at me. My hands start to shake and I stutter like a maniac! I don't wanna do this..." I whine, hiding my face in my hands.

„And I hate my stupid accent. It's so weird." I mumble to myself but Shawn seemed to hear it or at least I heard a quite „It's cute." as a response from him.

Does he really think that? Maybe I just imagined it. "What did you say?" I ask, lifting my head to see him setting his guitar on his lap. "Uh nothing." He replies, softly strumming the strings, creating a calming melody. Yeah why did I even consider that? Shawn finding something cute about me?

Haha good one.
He is probably totally weirded out and only sticks with me because his mom told him to. God, why am I like this? It's not even that I like him... okey maybe a tiny little bit. However, that doesn't matter.

I'm only here for a few months. "What are you thinking about?" Shawn asks, a pillow meeting my face to snap me out if my thought bubble. I quirk a brow, chucking it back at him but he easily catches it, a small cheeky smile on his plump lips. "What was that for?" I ask, flattening out my black skirt after I sit down cross legged on the bed."

„I tried telling you that you don't have to be nervous but you just stared at some spot on the floor." "Oh." I hum, examining the small cue cards in my hands. "Sorry about that." I add, smiling lightly and Shawn laughs, leaning his head back, resting it on top of the chair.

„You are weird." He snickers, causing my cheeks to flush immediately. What did I say? I knew it. Not knowing how to respond or if he even expects me to reply, I stare down at my cards again, fumbling with the ends o the already frustratedly crumbled paper.

Why do I care that he said that? 'Maybe because I don't want him to find me weird.' I think to myself ironically. "Y/n?" "Huh?" I question, my gaze meeting his, noticing that he rolled closer with the chair.

„You are not weird. I didn't mean it like that uhm... and weird is not a bad thing, you know. I actually think you are sweet and funny." Shawn rambles, a worried look on his face, causing me to let out a laugh. "What?" He asks, confused while his eyebrows furrow.