Her eyes light up, hands squeezing his hips. "Really?"

He nods, playing with the ends at the nape of his neck. "It's been getting a little long," Iris hums in agreement (and approval; she likes his long hair, too), "but when I thought about getting it cut, I didn't particularly want to."

"It's up to you, babe," is all she says, kissing his shoulder. Babe — seven months later, and his heart still jumps at the name. "How about shaved at the sides, and then fluffy on top."

Spencer frowns, wrinkles his nose. "Wouldn't that look ridiculous?"

"I've seen a few people with it. And honestly, you're hot no matter what you do. You could die it green, or shave it off, and it wouldn't matter."

"I don't know about that." A sigh. A hand folds over hers, wrapped around his waist. "I look like a teaching assistant without a gun," he points out with a small attempt at a playful grin.

Her eyes flick up to keep his in the mirror, blinking at him through her eyelashes, before she smiles against his shoulder and mutters, "Yeah, but a teaching assistant who's dick I — "

"LALALALA!" Spencer shouts, half jokingly, words spilling into a laugh.

In the first stages of their relationship, Spencer had been quite timid in most aspects; no matter the fact that they were friends before, he suddenly felt unsure on where to put his hands when they kissed, even her hips now off limits, or if it was okay to compliment her or actually initiate things.

Even now, he's still a little shy, but Iris is the opposite; sexual jokes, mainly for the sake of making Spencer blush, have become quite a habit for when they're alone, just lounging around the apartment. She keeps it together in front of the team, though... but only just. Usually, she murmurs them to Spencer under her breath: their own private world of inside jokes and secretive snickers.

Like she always is nowadays, Iris is giggling childishly behind him. It's the sort of laugh only reserved for him, he's noticed; even when Morgan spills his coffee or ketchup when they go out for lunch, or when Garcia makes some silly joke over the phone, she never laughs like she does in front of him. In front of him, the sound is free, unashamedly loud and childish, and it makes him bubble over with happiness.

Just for him.

"Hey, hey, shhh," she says, laughter bubbling away. "We've been over this. You're totally sexy."

"Oh, really?" he asks coyly.

She hums, somewhat proudly. "Yup. There isn't a moment in the day that I don't wanna jump your bones."

Spencer chuckles, narrowing his eyes and raising his eyebrows at her reflection. "Really? Even when I'm cranky?"

"Yup," she says happily, beaming back at him. "Still wanna do you. Plus, when you're cranky, I get pissed too, and angry sex is the best."

"Okay, if we keep talking about this, we're not gonna make it to dinner. Come on," Spencer encourages, patting her thigh and turning his head to nuzzle his cheek against the crown of her head. "You gotta get dressed. We're gonna be late for our reservation with JJ and Will, and then JJ'll kill me, you, and our future unborn child."

Iris stiffens, and then Spencer goes rigid, too. Two pairs of wide eyes meet in the mirror.

"That was a joke," Spencer says quickly.