June 7th

Roy
I kept glancing at the screen.

Paisley's inbox was open.

I bit my nails as I debated whether I should do it or not.

No, it's stupid. I'm going to seem desperate.

What if she gives me a chance. What if she wants to because she equally misses me as much as I miss her? This could be it! I could win her back over that Leroy!

I was all in for it.

Roy: hey pais

I wrote and sent it.

My heart began thumping.

Roy: I miss you.

I added and pressed send.

I immediately threw my phone away from me.

"What did I just do!" I quickly covered my mouth. "I sound like a total wuss!" I sighed. "She's never going to take me back now!"

I immediately left my room.

I cannot be in the same room as the phone if she messages me back.

I left the room and sat at the kitchen table. I sat there watching Alicia write stuff into a small notebook.

I couldn't stop fidgeting.

Alicia looked up at me with her eyebrow arched. "Can I help you? Are you okay?" She asked. "You keep on shaking the table."

I shook my head.

"Okay." She shrugged, and kept on writing.

My heart began beating faster and faster.

"So," I tapped my fingers on the table. "What are you writing there." I managed to spit out.

"Hm?" Alicia looked up at me.

I stopped tapping. "What are you writing?" I pointed.

"I-uhhh, I'm doing math." She said, not looking up.

I frowned. "Why?"

"I'm counting how much more money I need." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"I'm going to buy myself a pair of roller skates." She said.

I felt like I just stop breathing all together. "What."

"I'm going to buy roller skates." She looked up at me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Jodie makes them seem cool. And I want to try them." She said.

"Jodie influenced you to buy roller skates?" I laughed.

"Yeah, what's so funny?" She said.

I immediately stopped laughing. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah." She said in a duh tone.

I gave her a look of shock.

"Jodie's cool. I like her. She's fun." She said.

My jaw dropped. "What? No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no." I said.

"What?" She said.

"No. You can not think Jodie is," I put up finger quotes. "Cool." I frowned. "She's mean. She's a bully. She's the biggest and meanest bully."

"Cool." She smiled.

"Cool?" I questioned her.

"Yeah, cool. She can defend herself and she's not like," Alicia fluttered her eyelashes. "Look, I'm a girly girl and I want boys attention to make me feel better about myself! Waaa!" She said in a high pitched voice.

"She assaulted me yesterday!" I shouted.

"I'm sure she had the right reasons." Alicia smiled. "You probably deserved it anyway." She added.

This can not be happening. Jodie and Alicia? No! No, no, no, no! It's like she is going to have a minion!

I quickly jumped to my feet and ran to my room.

I busted into my room and picked up my phone and scrolled through it.

"Wait- I don't even have her phone number!" I said to myself.

Think Roy, think! I can't go looking through phone books. An idea popped into my head.

This is so stupid.

I opened Facebook and typed in Jodie Sanders in the search bar. She was surprisingly the first person that popped up.

Jodie
"Go away, leave me alone." I said to Brody over the phone.

"Please, just go out with me." Brody said.

I have been on the phone with Brody for about half an hour. He has been trying to persuade me to let him pick me up so he can buy me a small drink and then bone me at his house.

"Brody, I swear to God, I will block you." I said.

"I can email you." He said.

"Oh ha ha." I then hung up. I immediately got a text message.

Brody: JODIE! PLS! I'm so confused with out u!

Stupid Brody. I rolled my eyes.

I heard anonymous ringing from my phone.

I frowned.

What the hell is that? I've never heard that ringtone before.

I picked up my phone to see Roy was calling me, from Facebook. From fucking Facebook! I laughed.

I answered. "Yellow," I said. "I prefer to be reached through MySpace."

"Jodie, seriously, what is your problem!" Roy shouted.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Slow down there, cowgirl. You can't just copy me and yell at me the next day." I said.

"Jodie. Listen to me." Roy gritted through his teeth. Or at least it sounded like he was.

"Okay. I am listening." I said.

"Jodie," Roy began. Man, he really likes saying my name a lot. "My sister just told me she was saving up money because she wanted to buy something," Man, I wonder what mom is making for dinner. "Do you know what that thing is she is saving up for?" He asked. I mean, I could make dinner, but I'm not really feeling it. "Hm?" He pushed. I could go for some Chinese. "Jodie!" He shouted.

"What!" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"She wants roller skates! Alicia is saving up for roller skates!" He said.

"Ah, well good for her. I applaud the child." I smiled.

"No!" He shouted.

I yanked the phone away from my ear because he was way to fucking loud!

"Alicia told me she wanted roller skates because you made them seem cool." He said.

"Okay?" I said.

"She said, and I quote, Jodie's cool. I like her. She's fun. End quote!" He shouted.

"Aw, the child is so sweet!" I said.

"No Jodie!" He shouted. "I can't have my little sister looking up to a monster!"

I gasped. "Oh you take that back!" I said.

"No! You are mean. You are the biggest bully! You are rude, and self absorbent!" He said.

I dramatically gasped. "I am not!"

"Stay away from my sister!" He shouted, then immediately hung up.

My jaw dropped.

He hung up on me!

"Huh, so that's how Brody feels like whenever I hang up on him." I said to myself. That's not important!

Roy gots another thing coming for him.

Authors note:
Like share comment vote subscribe notification bell, thank you.