Nothing Stays The Same In Wonderland

Magsimula sa umpisa

Something was different. She was my sister, and I still loved her but something just didn't feel right. She pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes. "I can't believe you're back." She said with a smile.

"Me neither. I don't know how..." I trailed off, seeing the table of witchy stuff again. I stared at it until Spencer noticed and tuned to see what I was looking at. "Oh." She sighed. "That."

I eyed her suspiciously. "Yeah, what is that?"

"It was the only way." That was all she said.

"Only way to what?" I demanded. Please don't tell me my sister became a witch to save me.

"The only way to get you out." She whispered, looking away from my intense gaze.

"Damnit, Spencer!" I scorned. "How could you do that? You're a hunter!" I pushed past her and walked over to the table. There were about five black candles surrounding her work. In the middle was a bowl. It looked like there was some kind of blood in the bowl, a black cat's bone, some kind of gold dust that I didn't recognize, and some hair. Three guesses whose hair that was.

I picked up one of the jars of blood she had on the table and looked at her. "Seriously?! Witchcraft? That's your last resort?"

A tear rolled down her cheek. "No one would help me." Her voice was just barely a whisper now. It seemed she couldn't talk louder than that so I set the jar down and walked up to her. "I tried everything. No books helped, no demons would deal, angels couldn't doing anything, and every witch I talked to was scared to help."

I tried to show sympathy, even though I was still confused as to why everything felt so different. I put a hand on her shoulder. "Spence, why did you do this?"

She looked up at me, her eyes glistening with tears. "I told you I would try my hardest to get you out. I couldn't live with you dead, just like you couldn't live with me dead."

I finally gave her the hug I should've given her five minutes ago. "Well, I'm here now. You can give up this magic crap, and we can hunt again." I pulled away from the hug and stepped back. "And I mean, look at me. I look fabulous!" She cracked a smile, which is exactly what I was going for. "How is this even possible anyway? I was mush when I went down."

"Well, I figured by the time I got the right spell, your body would have started rotting so I used a preserving ritual. It cleaned up everything and kept it that way until I got you topside."

"Hm. Well, thanks for that." I smiled, then noticed her looking at me strange.

"Are you feeling ok, Lexi? You feel like yourself?"

"If you're asking if I'm really me then why don't you check?" I motioned to the holy water and the weapons.

"No, that's not necassary. I know its you..." She hesitated as if she really didn't. "You just seem different."

I shrugged. "Well, I feel different but I'm guessing that's from the five years I spent in Hell." I suggested with a smirk.

"Yeah, you're probably right." She smiled, shaking off the feeling that something was wrong. "Well, I got this place fixed up pretty well so why don't you go take a shower or something? You look filthy."

"Oh, thanks for that." She smiled at me then waved me off to the bathroom. I found my duffel bag with all my clothes in there. I shut the door and opened the duffel. Some of the clothes were new. Why would Spencer buy me new clothes? I dug through the bag and decided on a new style.

I undressed and stepped into the shower. The water was surprisingly warm for an abandoned house. It felt good to rinse under the warm water. It was nice to be somewhere warm that wasn't burning me...

I got out of the shower and dried off. I wrapped my hair in a towel and gathered my clothes. They were all new, except for my mom's leather jacket. I pulled out a plain black crop top, a black and red flannel shirt, and a pair of black skinny jeans. I pulled my combat boots back on and slipped on my leather jacket, after I had put on my new outfit.

I pulled the towel off my headed and combed through my hair with my fingers. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I stared into my own eyes and blinked. When I opened my eyes again, they were pitch black. I gasped in horror and fell against the wall behind me. Am I dreaming? I thought.

The blackness didn't go away though. If this was a dream, all I would have to do is will it to go and it would. I blinked again, waiting a few seconds to open my eyes, and when I did, they were back to their normal hazel color. I sighed but was still pretty shaken up.

I searched the bathroom until I found a tiny bottle of holy water in a cabinet. I pulled it out and unscrewed the cap. I slowly tipped the bottle to let a drop fall out onto my arm, but my hands were shaking and a lot more than a drop came out. I cried out in agony and fell back against the wall, sliding to the floor. No. I thought.

My sister came running, busting through the door. She looked down at me on the floor. She looked scared and confused at first. Then she saw the holy water in my hand and the smoke coming off of my arm.

"Spencer." I whispered, frightened. "I'm a demon..."