Chapter 47

It took me a fare while to reach where Luke was. I wasn't positive if he would be there or not, it was a wild guess. It was still day time, so the woods were brightly lit.

My body jolted at the sound of someone screaming. There were a couple of screams, followed by loud grunts. I finally reached the source of the sound, and found Luke standing in front of the tree house with a glass bottle of liquor in in his hand.

I walked up behind him as quiet as I could. He was taking loud breathes and staring at the tree house, almost in disgust.

"She hates me you know." Luke says, as if he already knew it was me.

"No she doesn't." I argue back. He was obviously talking about sue.

"You weren't there. She knows what I did to you, and she hates me for it."

"Luke." I said and reached or his empty hand, but he jerks it back. "I know you didn't send the video out."

He nods as if he doesn't care at this moment, and I don't blame him.

"What's the vodka for?" I ask him, looking at the cheap basically empty bottle in his hand. He didn't seem that drunk, he couldn't have drank that by himself.

"Burning it down." He says and takes a swig of the bottle after he motions towards the treehouse with his head.

"You're not serious Luke." He can't do that.

"It's already covered with the stuff." He sniffles out then proceeds to rub his nose with the back of his hand. That explains why the bottle is basically empty.

"I know you're angry, but I don't think Sue would want you to do this."

"Well, she's not here, is she?" He spits, trying to sound angry.

"Danny wouldn't want you to do it." I say and regret it as soon as I do. I mentally curse myself for bringing him up and close my eyes, ready for him to take his anger out somehow.

"Danny?" He asks, his eyes spilling with tears.

I go to speak, but he beats me to it.

"I miss you boy." He chokes out and wipes his face.

"ARRGGGGGHH." He screams seconds later as he throws the glass bottle into the distance, .the sound of it smashing echoing through the woods only moments later.

"God!" He yells and tugs at the roots of his hair as he starts pacing back and forth. "Why!" He screamed again. "Danny, Sue, who next? Michael? Calum?" He yells then stops to face me. "You?" His faces falls and I can tell he's fighting back tears.

"Never." I say bluntly and shake my head, but he just turns the other way.

"You know she loved you Luke." I say, bringing up Sue again.

"Yeah. Loved. I didn't get a chance to make things right, and it fucking hurts Dylan." He says, his voice shaking.

"She loves you. So do I." I don't even regret the words when they leave my lips. In fact, I was even prepared for him to laugh in my face and call me stupid.

"How could you?" He sadly chuckles. "After all the shit I did to you?"

"You forgive the ones you love. No matter what fucked up shit they manage to do." I say and he walks closer to me, stopping just as our bodies are about to touch.

"I was so sure I fucked up everything. That I had lost you as well." He said and rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"Nah, I'm here. I've managed to forgive you, and so has Sue." I insisted.

"What about Danny?" He sniffles and looks up at me. "I promised to watch him and I didn't."

"Him too." I smiled at him. His eyebrows stay furrowed for a few more seconds before he grabs my hand in his and stares at it for a bit whilst he rubs his thumb back and forth over it.

"Are we okay?" He asks quietly, searching my face for an honest answer.

"We're okay."

(Last chapter before the epilogue, thank you to everyone who has read this far! you guys rockkk. Keep commenting and all that, much love xx)