Chapter 26 ✅

Začít od začátku

Once they're done Rose dries them up and dresses Katie. She leads them to the bed and Katie's out like a candle after she curls into herself.

Rose frowns at her friend.

When Katie always got pushed into the corner, she shuts out everyone or well, just Rose. Rose doesn't want that, because the last time it happened, it took Katie three months until she finally opened up to her again, even if the circumstances were different.

"There's no one I wish to be more happy than you, Katie." Rose kisses her forehead. "I don't want you to be caged any more, you're no longer a prisoner anymore so why do you restrain yourself?" Her breath fans the raven's face as she studies it. "Don't you want to be free?"

A small whimper escapes Katie's lips and Rose smiles sadly before spooning her friend.

***

Katie is the first to wake up. She looks at the clock on the side table and frowns. 5:04?

It's early in the morning and her body feels sore. Her insides feel better than yesterday, but her eyes and throat is burning. Suddenly she remembers last night and her stomach doesn't feel too good anymore. She can't believe she just left him liked that without even saying anything!

But he hadn't chased after her.

Katie sighs and gets out of bed. She goes to the restroom and freezes when she sees her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes are bloodshot. Her skin is more deathly pale than usual. She'd look like a walking corpse if not for the red eyes, or the bruising and shredded flesh around her neck. It looks like someone tried to choke her and rip out her throat. It hasn't healed, but it's stopped bleeding at least. She has no intention of healing it either so she bandages it.

She gets ready, throws on some sweats donning on a matching black long sleeve, tight fit shirt. She feels like she's lost weight because it's all baggy on her. She grabs one of Rose's scarfs and wraps it around her neck.

Katie tries to call out to Rose, wake her up and let her know she's going to make breakfast. Nothing comes out. She tries again and not even a squeak. She hopes it's from screaming her lungs out and not that she's actually hurt herself permanently and will never be able to speak again. She leaves the room in unwelcomed silence.

Katie is thankful there's barely anyone around in the lounge and heads straight for the kitchen. She starts on breakfast.

When she's finishing setting up the dinner table and walks back in the kitchen, three pairs of eyes are on her.

Keith glares at her. "What the hell are you doing in here?" He then takes in her appearance and how sick she looks. "Holy-Are you okay?"

Her mouth is pursed in a thin line when Trish and Sally stare at her silently, expectantly.

"Hello?" Keith waves in front of her face. "What the hell happened to you?" His voice his hard, but his eyes have soften.

Katie shakes her head.

"You've already made breakfast?" Trish eyes the mess in the kitchen.

Katie nods.

"You couldn't wait until we came? Or at least let us do it?" Keith chides.

"You can go ahead and leave if you want. We'll clean up the mess here." Trish smiles at her. Katie wonders if she knows, because her eyes tell her the female beta knows something.

Sally quietly makes her way to the sink and dutifully starts her job.

Keith begins making their smoothies as the two girls begin cleaning up. "I'm going to make our breakfast."