Chapter 20 ✅

Katie's POV

I hear Keith stir, alerting me he's waking up. Finally, I've been sitting here half the day for Moon Goddess's sake.

Keith groans before sitting up, wincing in pain. "Fuck! That hurts!" He groans again.

I inwardly smirk satisfied he can still feel it. Well of course he would until I heal him, though I'll let him heal naturally just so I can see him wither in pain longer.

"Good to know I'm teaching you well." I say from beside him.

He whips his head toward me and narrows his eyes when he realizes who I am. I watch as realization slowly flashes in his dark brown eyes. I swear they look familiar. I hate it.

"What kind of lesson is teaching pain?" He scowls.

"If you don't want me to teach you anymore then I don't mind." I say as I look up into the evening sky. It's almost dark. And I'm honest when I said I don't mind.

Either way there's a benefit for me. If I did fight him then I won't get rusted nor will I be going crazy with everything that's going on and how much I still don't feel at home. How I don't belong here, at least in the open with fresh air and the scent of trees and dirt and not my cell. I'm used to the blood and fighting, but so far both of those usually happened because something happened to Rose. I feel like I'm losing my mind.

If I don't spar with him, then, that's good for him, because even though I hate it, being a torturing sadist has long since been etched into my bones by yours truly. I doubt I'd be able to hold back, especially with him.

"I didn't say that." He snaps.

I shrug. "Well, I'll be coming here every day after lunch. If you want to spar, then feel free to stop by."

Silence.

"Say," he starts, "can I ask you a question."

"You already did," I point out if only just to rile him up more. He looks a couple years younger than me despite how he'll soon be towering over me in just a couple years.

"You were a prisoner in the West Clan?"

Now that gets my attention. I thought he would have let it slip and not remember for a while, but he's got pretty good memory. My eyes slide down to stare at him, my head following the motion.

His brown eyes are full of emotion waiting for me to answer.

When I don't say anything he begins speaking again, "Look, I have an older sister. She was beautiful, a brunette like me with the same eye color. Spies from the Westerners captured her three years ago in the last battle between the two clans. I heard she was taken prisoner. If you were a prisoner, then you must have known her. The mutts there would have taken a liking to her looks."

Suddenly, a memory of someone who looks like him flashes through my mind, familiar dark brown eyes that I hate. No wonder why I hate his eyes. I still don't say anything.

"My sister was a trouble maker so she could have stood out since she likes to pick fights." He frantically studies my face for any sign of recognition. "You might have known her. Her name is Vivian."

At the mention of her name I look away from him and sigh. "I know her." Even though I wish I hadn't. My mother and her mate flashes in my mind and I clench my teeth. This bastard is making me recall unnecessary things!

"You do?!" He shouts. "How is she?! Is she alive?! Is she fine?!"

I glare back at him. "Vivian Gomez, right? She's fine, at least when I was there."