“You don’t have to,” I deadpan. “I told you earlier my stomach is acting up, so I shouldn’t be eating a lot. Besides, I’m not a big eater.”

His eyes light up, but the furrow of his eyebrows show he still doesn’t accept my answer.

“Look, I’ll eat some of that if I’m not full when I’m finished with mine, okay?” I begin eating.

Keith also starts eating, but nods his head.

I can still feel eyes burning holes into me.

My eyes instinctively glide to the other end of the diner room and I see Sally, Nick, Trish, Daniel all eating, my eyes then land on Jackson who is staring at me and Keith. His face is stoic, but I can see his eyes burning with an emotion I don’t know.

I can feel my insides twist weirdly, and I rip my eyes away from him, feeling something bubbling in the pit of my stomach. I think it’s from the witches’ oath even when I know it’s not. It’s not that painful and I haven’t been truthful to myself, but still. I’m not going to admit it.

“Are you alright?” Keith had seen me staring at Jackson and has been looking between us. “Is there something wrong?” He doesn’t look at his Alpha anymore, because Jackson’s eyes are burning into Keith right now.

I don’t notice the sweat dripping down his face until I smell it, because I have my own internal problems to worry about. I cover my mouth, trying to swallow the food back down. Apparently my insides won’t take solid food.

“Katie?” Keith studies me. “Are you going to throw up?”

I nod my head, finally swallowing the food and drinking some water to keep it down. I push the plate towards him and frown. “I can’t eat that.”

“What? You don’t like it? Come on, this is the best breakfast we’ve had in a while now.” Keith pushes my plate back to me. “Besides you were the one who suggested we come eat.”

I push it away again. “Yeah, for you.”

He pushes it back to me, clearly getting annoyed. “Oi, you need to eat something.” His hand is on the plate, but he doesn’t push it back. “Unless… It really is your stomach?”

I nod my head slowly. I can feel the food coming back up and I’m afraid I’ll let it all out if I speak.

“Shit,” he curses. He grabs our trays and heads over to the trashcans, dumps it and then grabs my hand and leaves.

“Hey, you wasted food.” I say, clearly pissed. I cooked that you know!

“Stop nagging woman, I ate majority of it.”

“Not the vegetables, I saw a plate full of em.” I narrow my eyes at him.

He growls. “I don’t like vegetables, but the breakfast was delicious.” He opens the kitchen door and sits me on one of the empty stools near an island.

“What are you doing?” I watch as he pulls out fresh vegetables and fruits. “You’re going to cook?”

He inaudibly grumbles something.

“What was that?” She says.

“I don’t know how to cook, okay?” He takes out a blender and places it on the counter. “But my sister used to help make food around here once in a while with Sally and Trish. The only thing she was able to teach me was making smoothies and juice.”

My lips purse into a thin line and I quickly rush to the trashcan throwing up the food I ate. I can taste the familiar iron clawing its way up through my throat. It burns! I’m already throwing up so the red liquid just keeps coming.