Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol01 Ch11

Mulai dari awal

Pingting felt bad when she heard this. She lowered her head and mumbled, "You don't need to worry about me, I'm perfectly healthy, and I'll be all right in a couple of days."

"A couple of days? We're leaving today, so lighten up."

"Today?" Pingting hesitated, "Where are we going?"

Dongzhuo looked stunned, like he had expected that Pingting knew all along. Something unnatural flashed on his face, but it disappeared as soon as it came. He blinked, "I only vaguely heard Master say it twice, something like...'Although this place has been the secret hideout of our Residence for several years, it is still within Gui Le territory. The King is still searching for us, so it's best to leave as soon as possible...'I don't know where we're going though." He scratched his head in concentration, "Master asked me to do something by the way. I haven't done it yet."

Pingting watched Dongzhuo leave in a hurry, looking away long after he had gone.

Her master and Dongzhuo weren't to blame for the propaganda in Gui Le.

Ever since returning to her Master's side, she was like a lost soul. Others would say ten sentences whereas she would awkwardly say one sentence.

She used to partially manage the household work, but ever since falling into the hands of Dong Lin, her work had been distributed among some other maids. Her return did not affect daily life.

Just like that, life continued on.

Her master was right, though the location was fairly discrete, it was still a place where the King could move freely and so preparations must be made early. In the past, she would have realized it early on and told her master, but now... had she also lost her intelligence?

As expected, a maid came to pack her clothes up that day.

Pingting asked, "Where are we going?"

"I don't know."

"Where's Master?"

"Master is busy."

She followed her Residence's people onto a carriage when she realized that she couldn't see Dongzhuo either. "Where's Dongzhuo?"

"How am I supposed to know that? Sis Pingting, don't worry about it and sit calmly for the journey."

"Which carriage is Master on? I always sit on the same carriage with him."

"Sis Pingting, Master wants you to sit on the carriage with us and I don't know where Master is."

Only one answer could be given to every ten questions, the journey passed by without incident until they arrived at another residence. It seemed to have been secretly prepared by House of Jing-An several years ago.

Suspicious, Pingting couldn't help but forget about Chu Beijie, studying her surroundings instead.

Her uneasiness increased.

She hadn't seen her master yet and she hadn't realized what was happening before, but now she did.

"Where's Sir, the Duke?"

"The Duke doesn't know that we're here yet."

"Where is this?"

"I don't know."

Realizing that the maid really knew nothing, she tried to go outside to find her master, but she was blocked outside. "I'd like to see Master, please let me go."

To which she received blank stares, "Master is away, he will find Sis when he comes back."

She didn't see He Xia for the next couple of days and she received little news. Pingting couldn't see her surroundings, beside or in front. Everything was blurry.