Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol01 Ch05

Outside the window, a cat meowed and Pingting stirred. She opened her shining, energetic black eyes and faced the window, chuckling softly. "You're an annoying cat, tomorrow I'll definitely find a way to get back at you." Suddenly she remembered that the House of Jing-An was still in danger, and her dimples disappeared.

"What should I do?" It was still dark and most of the inhabitants are still asleep, when she got up and fumbled for the table. She drank a cup of cold tea and continued to worry.

If I hadn't been caught by human traffickers, I would still be by Master's side and I wouldn't have to worry about him. Dongzhuo is too cheeky and energetic, I hope he doesn't annoy Master too much.

If I leave tomorrow, where should I go to find Master?

Though she was extremely clever, she was still quite young and couldn't help feeling weak without the support of others. Suddenly, Chu Beijie's face popped into her thoughts, his eyes seemingly able to see into one's soul.

"Should I invite that fake Mister Dong here and demand the latest news?" But she knew that deep down, 'Dong Dingnan' was highly likely to be Chu Beijie, and therefore being around him makes her feel uneasy inside. "If I mess up..."

She thought of when she first received the Phoenix Paulownia-Guqin – it was the same uneasy feeling. But whenever she thought of 'Dong Dingnan' and the way he spoke of his experiences, his proud attitude... her face suddenly began to feel very hot.

The vivid image of him in mind and her memory of receiving the Phoenix Paulownia-Guqin caused her heart to speed up. She thought of her conversations with Dong Dingnan, Dong Dingnan's experiences, Dong Dingnan's bold and extravagant actions...and her face for some reason, began to feel very hot.

Pingting kicked herself, stroking her cheeks she said, "Pingting, what are you thinking about? Finding Master is the most important thing at the moment."
As she tend to her random thoughts or daydreams, the sun is already up.

After washing, she went inside to serve her Lady. When Lady Hua saw her, she clapped her hands, giggling. "You fell asleep before you could even eat dinner, so why are there dark circles under your eyes? I'm sure you were thinking about your lover all night, am I right?"

Pingting turned and looked at the mirror. As expected, there were dark violet smudges under her eyes. She blushed slightly, "What is My Lady joking about? Say that again and I won't serve My Lady anymore."

She had always talked to her Master like that back in the Jing-An Ducal Residence, and didn't think she was being rude. Fortunately Lady Hua had been flattered throughout her life and liked her temper. Trying to hold back her laughter, she said, "Don't be angry, I totally understand. When I first saw the guy of my dream, I couldn't sleep for the first couple of nights too."

Pingting wasn't originally thinking that, but Lady Hua's words made her heart thump and she lowered her eyes. "Let me help wash My Lady, the water is getting cold."

"I don't need you, clumsy girl, I can wash myself." She grabbed the dry towel off Pingting, "You were never suited to serve others in the first place."

"I'm not suited to serve others?" Pingting eyes widened. She had always been serving others, especially her mischievous master and no one had ever said she was doing a bad job. She could play qin and chess equally well, she was talented in both literature and art, while also being known for her entertaining wit and conversations, and she wasconsidered to be extremely gentle. How is she not suited to serve others? Pingting had to protest back, "But in the previous days when I washed you, I only broke a few strands of your hair."

"Of course, because you have never helped people wash their hair before."

Lady Hua was right. Back in the Jing-An Ducal Residence, she had her own maid to help wash herself. She had hardly washed her own hair, never mind helping others wash theirs. Once or twice, she had tried to wash her Master's hair, but He Xia had shrieked in pain after a few seconds and she gave up on that idea.