Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang Vol01 Ch04

"Ah, the show's finished" After Chu Beijie left, Lady Hua finally sneezed, jumped up and removed the blinds with a face of utter boredom. "He is such a battle freak. Only his appearance looks good. He didn't even say anything fun. I wonder how you could even talk with him for such a long time. Hey Hong, why are you silent?"

Pingting was still feeling anxious and deeply thinking about what the leaving Chu Beijie had said.

Is there any news about Master?

Are all the people of the Jing-An Ducal Residence safe?

What is 'Dong Dingnan' doing right now?

He had a lasting impression and a smile as he discussed politics. He knew all the details about the war, just as well as Pingting, meant that he must be an important military commander.

Military commander? She began thinking through all of the important commanders of Dong Lin. The Duke of Zhen-Bei was the first name to come to her mind. She blinked, regretting she had not asked for a portrait of Chu Beijie earlier.

But wasn't it be far too complex a coincidence for the Duke of Zhen-Bei to give her — a maid serving the House of Jing-An — a qin and requesting to see her?

Lady Hua saw that she was in a daze and laughed hard, "He's already gone and look at your dazed expression. Already missing him?" She playfully waved her hand in front of Pingting's face.

Feeling her touch, Pingting returned to her senses and told Lady Hua," Sorry, I'm really tired. I want to retire to my room."

"You haven't eaten dinner yet."

"I'll eat more, tomorrow morning."

When Pingting returned to her room, she laid on the hard but clean bed and began to think again.

"Master..." She gritted her teeth. Her heart felt like a fire blazing gently in her chest. She began to get anxious. "Don't be so anxious, Pingting, being anxious will ruin everything." She quietly told herself.

Slowly, her messed thoughts got pulled back into order. She calmly took two deep breaths and closed her eyes. She pictured the Duke of Jing-An's flag; she remembered her Master, the Jing-An Ducal Residence, that last victory and the road home...

The Marquess of Jing-An had just won a battle, the army slowly marched. The radiant Duke of Jing-An's flag was fluttering high in the wind.

The commander in front was riding a huge magnificent horse. He wore a purple uniform adorned with a dragon emblem. Strips of metal gleamed on his shoulder. Gems, gold and jade hung from his waist luxuriously. He was the legendary He Xia.

That day, although He Xia had been victorious in war, he did not smile and was frowning very deeply.

"Master!" A girl's voice came from the crowd and the sound of hooves from behind.

Even though He Xia did not turn his head, he knew who it was. "Pingting, didn't I tell you to travel by carriage as you didn't feel very well in the last few days? Why are you riding a horse again?"

Pingting caught up to He Xia, and breathlessly said, "Who said I needed such care? I only coughed a few times but that damn Dongzhuo was so scared and immediately told Master. I was afraid that Master thought I got sick too often and wouldn't let me come next time."

"It's not like you'll listen to me, even if I tell you to stay home, right? I'm just feeling sorry for you, a girl who's defenceless against a sword. Even if you get sick, there's no husband to look after you."

Pingting managed a small smile and twirled her wind-swept hair. "I'm not pitiful. Which maid has such a good life and is able to go with her Master to war?" She laughed twice but suddenly frowned, coughing.